I listen to a handful of internet radio stations. My favourite right now is SomaFM's GrooveSalad, especially when I'm coding. What do you listen to online (whether you're coding or not)?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Heh, I'm not much much of a net radio guy, so it's generally my big ole iTunes open.

However, with that said, an awsome site for finding music is Pandora.

Well, instead of describing it, I'll just let ya check it out.

Ive used the radio feature on iTunes a few times, but I prefer listening to my own music really. Although, I do think that net Radio is a great idea. It allows people to have a creative outlet (shoutcast?), and also provides us with so much variety ^ ^

Ive used the radio feature on iTunes a few times, but I prefer listening to my own music really. Although, I do think that net Radio is a great idea. It allows people to have a creative outlet (shoutcast?), and also provides us with so much variety ^ ^

Creative outlet like what? Do you mean providing listeners a way to hear new music, or a way for independant artists to get some airplay? Or maybe both? Heh!

Lately I've put all my music on my home server and use the master playlist to stream it from anywhere. This is quite nice because it's just as interactive as being at home, with the advantage of being able to listen wherever I have a connection.

When I am working on a really boring contract, I tune in to spiderweb and crank it up really loud (I use wireless headphones) - http://www.spiderpower.co.uk/content/ - this is really hardcore industrial/ ambient. The really kool bit is that they will play DJ sets by listeners. So if you want to hear some interesting stuff, give it a try.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.