Member Avatar for logica.machina

Hello all,

I am senior at Columbus State University, majoring in Computer Science with a focus on software systems and graduating in May 2015.

I have little idea what I want to do when I graduate. The program is largely a feeder program into local companies, none of which I am even remotely interested in working for. Local employers are largely interested in mainframe programmers (and sometimes IT professionals, but IT is treated as a separate major). I would prefer to work with modern languages (think Java, C++, etc). The idea of mainframe makes me stabby. :)

So hopefully I can lend a hand to beginner programmers while figuring out what I'm going to do with this degree.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello and welcome!

Welcome!

Member Avatar for logica.machina

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Georgia, Georgia ♪_♪ . Welcome to Daniweb ☺.

Ok, so now that the welcomes are out of the way, let's see if we can help you with your dilemma. I would begin by reporting your question in our Computer Science forum. You might get some better feedback there, and there have definitely been similar questions asked before. I'll be back with a more complete answer when I make it back to my desk. Typing on my iPhone right now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.