Everything's gotta start somewhere :) Consider a small gathering a dry run.

There's small and there's me plus a couple of others. :)

I suspect that something like a DaniWeb UK Chinese Dinner in Chinatown, London might be flexible and fun...

london would be nice as well as easy to get to, with good rail and air links etc

Sounds a really cool idea! Also, me being a newbie woudl like to meet up with new friends! Unfortunately though, chrissy is out for me as thats familty time! (God I still miss my computer during those times, they are just not interested in computers!!) but, say, the end of Nov, beginning of Dec would be cool (actually COLD!!) but still cool!!

When I say xmas I mean start December for the same reasons: my wife would have me made into a lampshade and some cushion covers if I was anywhere but home for the xmas break itself.

Do you think we could get the Queen to come herself? (Of course, the queen I am talking about would be Danni!!)

together with her loyal public lol :d

Hello everyone again :) lost time no... ermm.. post :p

anyways sounds like the UK meet is getting a bit more interest but if only there were a few more...

Hey Scott! Welcome back, we've missed you here...

maybe someone should compile a list to see just how many would go the uk meet? happygeek?

yeah sounds like a good idea.. maybe if you could pm the people who have said they might be able to just for further confirmation?

yeah sounds like a good idea.. maybe if you could pm the people who have said they might be able to just for further confirmation?

its nice that people saying they would like to go, but we dont actually know how many, that makes happygeeks task of organising it all a little challenging :lol:

I am just a new member, But this sounds like a great chance for me to mingle with some real cool people so count me in.

I am just a new member, But this sounds like a great chance for me to mingle with some real cool people so count me in.

welcome to daniweb mate! as you've already figured we're all pretty cool guys (and gals) here! :lol:

darren :cool:

welcome to daniweb mate! as you've already figured we're all pretty cool guys (and gals) here! :lol:

:lol:ya didn't take long to figure that one out. Thanks bruv for the welcome. So what about this get together I could really use an excuse for a night out:cheesy: .

OK folks, I have now added a poll in order to get a clear idea of numbers.

Please only vote yes if you are 100% up for it...

Just edited my silly question regarding the poll lol

So, how many people would be adequate for the meet to go ahead?

So, how many people would be adequate for the meet to go ahead?

i suppose that also depends where we decide to go

Good points both:

How many? More than 4 I would say, otherwise it only takes a couple of no-shows and the whole thing is ruined.

Where? Yep, depends on the numbers. Over 6 and under 10 would seem to be best suited to a restaurant setting, over 10 a pub/club/private room with a bar or similar.

Good points both:

How many? More than 4 I would say, otherwise it only takes a couple of no-shows and the whole thing is ruined.

Where? Yep, depends on the numbers. Over 6 and under 10 would seem to be best suited to a restaurant setting, over 10 a pub/club/private room with a bar or similar.

sounds good, do we know how many are keen to go yet?

Poll says 4, including thee and me.

Poll says 4, including thee and me.

ah, still need a few more then really

Hi all,

I'll be there.

Hi all,

I'll be there.

cool, thats 6 now

Yep, getting more like it now.

Let's see how it goes to the end of the month when the poll closes and then we can make firm arrangements as to where and when.

at last were getting somewhere lol, although once the poll closes we're still going to have to decide what to do or where to go lol

Well we can offset that pain a little by trying to sort a date out amongst us folk who have said yay nice and early.

So let's get the ball rolling with:

Weekday or weekend?
Lunchtime or after 5pm?

Makes no difference to me, to be honest. Which isn't exactly helpful and decisive, but is at least honest.

Well we can offset that pain a little by trying to sort a date out amongst us folk who have said yay nice and early.

So let's get the ball rolling with:

Weekday or weekend?
Lunchtime or after 5pm?

Makes no difference to me, to be honest. Which isn't exactly helpful and decisive, but is at least honest.

i can do either, weekday - lunchtime, but both on a weekend, depends where we go as well.

Either for me either i guess after 5 mite be good (gives me the excuse to stay the night then :))

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.