Anyone a member of asmallworld.net, and have the inclination to throw an invite to join in my general direction?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Never heard of the site before. Checked it out - looks interesting. I would be interested in an invite as well.

Never heard of the site before. Checked it out - looks interesting. I would be interested in an invite as well.

Yes... it seems to be interesting. An invitation would be great to have.

Sorry in advance if this seems a little off-topic. What actually is the site? Is it just a community (bebo, myspace, ect) except you have to be invited?

God I hate those things. Hopefully something like this would keep the numbers down, and make it better (much like gmail has done ;))

It's more akin to Orkut, LinkedIn etc but a lot harder to get into. As well as just being invite only, the only people who can invite you are members who have attained a trusted level by becoming valued and active members of the community. It's as much about keeping people out as it is letting them in, and asmallworld.net deliberately want to maintain a low growth rate to ensure that exclusivity.

From both a social and business networking perspective it is, so I am told, a very exciting place to be. Of course, I can't confirm this because they don't give 'review' memberships to lowly tech journalists such as myself :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.