web developer !

I am designer. I like it.

well since web developers create programs and say e-commerce etc. id say i am a web designer as i design websites and only do a little bit of program coding.

whats the difference between developer and designer?

A developer is a code monkey. If you need to work with a database or ASP code or PHP code, you need a developer. A developer works with the functional aspects of a site.

A designer has the creative juices needed to create a site with effective layouts, graphics and colors. If you want a very slick-looking or professional site designed, you use a designer. Most of the designers that I know work with WYSIWIG tools and are not very good working with code.

These are two different skill sets. Most web site development companies have both types of people on their team.

Web Designer or Web Developer?

beginner web-developer
for a living i work for a large company doing HTML / CSS / Javascript / minor PERL
i have been doing HTML CSS for 2 years real-world professionally, but im just getting into PHP and Javascript, if you need a site with HTML CSS and some minor JS im you're man.

I think I m both...:)

i am an asp.net c# ms sql server web developer but i am not good at web design at all

Yes. I am a Freelance Web Developer too. I belive Market Place is an essential part of a Webmaster Forum. It's nice to have a marketplace for the Web Developers to get contract. But I also belive there should be a good trader rating system integrated as customers and developer both can get advantage of the system. You want or not I wish scammers will remain in the industry as long business is there.

I'm a web developer.

I like this job !

Do you do freelance work as a web designer or web developer? If you do custom work for clients, you're welcome to advertise your service in our Custom Services For Hire forum within the Webmaster Marketplace.

hi
i am web developer and i am working as a freelancer. we have a small group with high level knowledge on PHP language.

I'm a devigner with more skills in the development area. I know how to work with Photoshop and Image Ready, but I'm no expert with them.

I use PHP with MySQL.

I'm currently working on changing the way my personal website works (thanks to Nav33n for helping me with debugging my custom CMS that I'm writing).

http://ffheaven.awardspace.com - HTML version never completed because I decided to change it to be database driven with PHP.

Do you do freelance work as a web designer or web developer? If you do custom work for clients, you're welcome to advertise your service in our Custom Services For Hire forum within the Webmaster Marketplace.

Hai! i am developing web page on html,css with design tool photoshap.I am looking for a good job and also good company.I am in india.
anybody help me

hello,

I am web developer !

I am a web developer:)

hey
Im 14 but i'v been learning for nearly 2 years now and im still going.

I would say im a developer, i concentrate on the code rather than the actual designing of images ect.

I'v done 7 websites now and i always have difficulty designing logo's and things like that.

I would like to be more of a developer, but I seem to be better at designing! Can't always get my head around the code... :icon_rolleyes:

I like coding aspects of css and xhtml and I can use Photoshop to save to my life. I haven't learnt any languages yet like C# or php but I want to and I'm familiar with the theoretical concepts of database.

Where does that description put me?

I like coding aspects of css and xhtml and I can use Photoshop to save to my life. I haven't learnt any languages yet like C# or php but I want to and I'm familiar with the theoretical concepts of database.

Where does that description put me?

I would say that that makes you a web developer:)

Another website which is great for finding work is a relatively new website called "My Software Project" <snipped>. This site allows you to browse through their collection of software project postings and advertise for projects that you are interested in.

Another website which is great for finding work is a relatively new website called "My Software Project" <snipped>. This site allows you to browse through their collection of software project postings and advertise for projects that you are interested in.

This link is dead. Here are a couple of more sites for projects http://www.elance.com/p/landing/provider.html and http://getafreelancer.com/

i have recently left uni and wanted to go into the development side of things as i enjoy coding and working through problems (not always on my own daniweb helped a few times). i ended up getting job running all the websites for a company (on my own).

i would have originally classed myself as a developer but now i do web design, web development and multimedia development (flash, graphics, animation, 3d modeling).

what would i come under now?

i am a beginner in web developer. trying new code(JSP).

I'm a web developer but with good designing muscles. =)

Well I was once told that I could make a good web designer, so I would rather say I am both of the above, designer and developer

Well I was once told that I could make a good web designer, so I would rather say I am both of the above, designer and developer

I think that is the best bet because then you know what you want it to look like and have the skill to make it perform.

BTW-Great quote in your sig.
Best regards

BTW-Great quote in your sig.

I love that qoute too, Its really funny and at the same time passing the message LOL.... and well yes it is best to have both skills... call it making it perfom and making it look good... I like that

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

I am good in graphic designing and animation tools too.

I am a Web developer, I know HTML 4.0 and I am learning 5.0, I know XHTML 1.0 and plan on learning 2.0 very soon! I know CSS, Aural CSS, Photoshop,Flash, and Actionscript

I am a web developer. When you ask me to come up with a website scheme that will appeal to the public, the first thing that I think of is a square.

But on the other hand if you give me a design, I can duplicate it, create the db and the entire back end.

It's funny how the two mindsets are completely different. I was once just floored by a awsome design from a designer and when he gave me the project I saw that as far as he got was html, and even that was sloppy.

I'm working for a company as a web designer. Funny thing is...I'm not that good at designing. I barely get by and I have to constantly visit websites like cssdrive and cssmania for inspiration. My photoshop techniques are lousy while my Illustrator skills are exceptional, but that doesn't mean I can still create modern "web 2.0ish" graphics. I still don't know how to create those types of graphics because I never really sat down learned how to. I've been concentrating on xhtml and css this whole time. In retrospect, I should have built more websites before this job and took the time to learn photoshop more extensively. Despite this, it doesn't mean I don't have an incredible imagination!! Right now, I'm working towards on becoming a web developer here.

Lastly, according to prince's definition, I'm a web developer-but I don't believe that. I think web designers do more than creating templates in PS or illustrator for the web devs to slice up and code. I hate to say it but I think it will be a requirement someday for all web designers to not only design websites, but to also be able to slice up and code their designs efficiently( aka fixing all of the browser issues), create feedback ,and implement simple database driven features into their websites. Meanwhile, the web devs are able to build large scale, database driven web applications.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.