Who is interested in starting a new community with me. The forum will basically be for all users and will have topics from politics, games, computers, hardware, social life and sex, etc...

The site will be called GuruTalk.net :)

I will provide the vbulletin and the server that the site will be on. If you are interested feel free to post here.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Good luck with your endevour, however, I believe your a little too vague on your topics :)

It needs focus. It needs direction. :) You need a catch ... what is going to make all of these people want to talk to each other. They have to have SOMETHING in common, whether it's their location, their interests, their hobbies, their ... well, you get the idea.

Just a thought -
I'm quite new here, and am posting up a storm today!
I am loving this daniweb site, (only criticism is that its VERY graphic based - and down here in New Zealand our broadband is only just taking off, and this is a hard site to visit) ANYWAY - cscgal, have you thought of adding those topics here anyway? I mean, im a geek at heart, and i'd love to talk to these people without talking geek talk. Even a chatroom?

Congrats on your accomplishments here btw :)

I really hate to steal Mr D's thread. However, we do have lots of off-topic lounges around here, plus a live chat room. For more info, start a new thread about it ... like I said, I don't want to hijack an existing thread about his prospective business model.

Nice thought Mr. D
I'll be with you.

Ill take a look if you post the link ;)

The community is only starting if someone is interested in starting with me send me a pm

o ok sorry thats me with my bad habbit of not reading previous posts properly :(

unfotunately i wont have enough time to help you with that one. I might be interested in becoming a member if it does get going though :)

offer uniqueness--- i get most members on my forum join because i have debating forums,review forums etc. it needs to be different - not just a discussion forum but a multiple discussion forum

good luck dude!

PM sent regarding this post.

Gurutalk have started you are welcome to join and expand our community!

Its been up 4 days.. hows it going?

doing pretty well

I found this quite funny. The first day I joined, I made 70 posts. The next day I got around 100. Now I am a moderator there. :D

i would have a look but looks as if its having some slight probs -

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.