Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MasterChat

Just to receive things like birthday & Christmas cards, and bills. The only time I use it for outgoing is when I send a donation to some organization and the few greeting cards that we issue.

Very rarely these days, in fact I cannot remember the last 'letter' I sent via snail other than birthday cards etc.

Personally, I miss receiving personal letters and post cards thru snail mail.. will you send me one??? LOL

For business, financial etc no. Personal - great sometimes. Something nostalgic about it. Romantic sometimes. Couldn't imagine scanning a hand written love letter and sending it via email.

I still have checks from my last apt - I pay rent and utilities with checks. I use to send 7 page letters; I use send letters that wandered through mazes and their ideas were complete when it could go not further but if it rejoined another stream, they would blend seamlessly. I once bought a tablet of pages that could be broken into puzzle pieces and I would write pages and pages then mix them all up - good times, good times.

I can not remember the last time I sent out a handwritten letter. However, I do sent birthday cards with money in them to my nieces, nephews and grandchildren.

i still wish to receive birthday cards thru snail.. i find it thoughtful rather receiving greetings from FB..

Honestly, the last letter I wrote and recieve via snail mail was twelve years ago.

People may still send letters but even then, they probably use microsoft word rather than the traditional "handwritten letter"

Absolutely! I regularly correspond with a half-dozen people, I just sent a bread-and-butter note, and I'm about to be mailing Christmas cards.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.