How much everyone of you has spent on daniweb.com??? In your time period what kind of thing have you learned or discussed here?? Is it beneficiary?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'd estimate I spend anywhere from 1-3 hours per day on DaniWeb. When I started as a noob back in 2010 I had already been programming for over 30 years but never in vb.nbet so I didn't need help with technique algorithms as much as I did with vb.net specific nuances and gotchas. As I got answeers to my questions I found that there were many newer programmers who were struggling with the actual concept of turning ideas into code and I was able to help out.

I have found that while getting an answer to a particulary vexing problem is satisfying, helping someone else is much more rewarding. I have learned that when it comes to programming, most people are eager and willing to learn something new. When it comes to just about everything else (climate change, politics religion), the chances of changing anyone's mind are pretty close to zero. But that doesn't stop me from trying.

2012-09-19-TGAG_202_The_Breakthrough.jpg

commented: solid old gold +0

Haha,I'm just a freshman.

an hour or more a day
Helping someone, who helps someone else, et al, how to live forever

How much everyone of you has spent on daniweb.com???

I couldn't begin to guess how much time everyone collectively has spent. ;D Since 2005 I'd wager my time spent either participating on or developing Daniweb can be measured in man-years.

In your time period what kind of thing have you learned or discussed here??

Hmm, what have I not discussed? :) Learned is harder as I spend more time helping than being helped, but it would be a lie to say I haven't grown as a programmer from my time on Daniweb.

Is it beneficiary?

Emphatic yes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.