I used to be wondering if any person used (or makes use of) an airbrush for machine restorations. I purchased a Badge 350 (and) a Paasche Talon (siphon) with a fan-tip.
looking to compare.....

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've additionally used an automotive touch up gun, and it's a discomfort in the a.Se to wash, so many accessories, it's a half of hour job.

I have an airbrush but never thought that it would be suitable for painting my lathe. It's just too small. It's designed for more precise work like painting murals on your T-shirt, motorcycle or van. A detailed gun or standard paint gun works a lot better. But most people might say a good paint brush is the best. Although it might depend on the type of paint that you want to use and how much time you want to put in it.

I thought you meant restoring machinery, the shafts etc
I have a plasma tool to spray molten steel onto spinning shafts to repair wear, and a lathe to turn it back to spec

and I send the gear away for powder coating

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.