Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Slavi
Featured Replies

"I'm also really excited by CERN's discovery of the Force that binds the galaxy together."

:) haha.

hopefully we won't discover something that'll use the force to be used to jump across galaxies, or, will we?

Edited by iMARUF

I'd be happy just being able to jump from Winnipeg to New York (I wouldn't miss the 3 hour layover in Toronto, which is where I am currently passing the time).

Don't get too pecky guys think of the one thing we hate is that AI's can take over the earth anytime

Anyone can write a story about technology gone bad. There are a lot of stories about things going south when man decides "to play God" and is punished for it. "Playing God" pretty much defines all of modern medicine.

If you are into that kind of stuff (^Advanced AI) I recommend reading Superintelligence by Nick Bostrom

Let's just stop and think about the Halo storyline ..if you are unfamiliar with Halo then you live an unfortunate life because it's amazing but for those that are familiar know what I'm talking about in terms of future tech.

When the future switches from being a promise to being a threat, it's time to leave!

Edited by vegaseat

Votes + Comments
one does not simply leave!

AI technology might take over and our body parts will be replaced with robotic arms and legs. They might try and force me too! Do not come near me I hate becoming a robot.

Edited by XP78USER

All they have to do is to remove the ever so vulnerable registry.
Will they call it Winux?

Edited by vegaseat

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.