To any who can help me familiarize my self with daniweb, I say hello. My name is Nathan and When I first logged into Daniweb.com four or so years ago I didn't know much about the website and that kinda made me fall of the site. But now I back and it looks like big changes have happened since then. I'm still new to daniweb but now I'm not so new to IT.

With that I come to my first question. In an effort to make my self more relevant in the IT field, I am in the process of teaching my self MSAccess. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Such as learning the basic uses of code in Access and linking databases as well as understanding relationships and their purposes. Any help on desiging forms is also appreciated.

Im currently using this site to teach my self what I don't know, but its outdated and my medium is MSAccess2010 for now. I may have to buy a copy as I can't find access on my personal laptop. (Its probably not supposed to be on it anyway). So advice on that is appreciated as well.

Thanks all,
NateB

Hi

I may have to buy a copy as I can't find access on my personal laptop. (Its probably not supposed to be on it anyway). So advice on that is appreciated as well.

Office 365 might be a viable option for you. You can pay monthly and get access to all of the office suite including online storage and the ability to use some office applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) on portable devices such as iPhone/iPad and I believe Android devices.

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Such as learning the basic uses of code in Access and linking databases as well as understanding relationships and their purposes. Any help on desiging forms is also appreciated.

They are some big topics. It might be better if you break them down and ask relevant questions in the forums. There is a Databases forum here

HTH

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.