Hi! I'm a forty-something homeschool mother of four in Florida. I have a B. S. in Business Administration and was formerly a CPA. I am a reasonably sophisticated computer user -- but by no means an expert. We have two desktops and two laptops running Windows XP, networked through a Linksys router.

On a personal note, I love cooking and baking, reading, animals, gardening and long walks on the beach.:rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi chanticleer, my wife (Yvonne) also loves baking - to the point of having set up a business baking 'designer' cakes this year. Totally self-taught, she never ceases to amaze me at what she can make. Did a wedding recently that invloved recreating a top-table with 3D caricatures of all the family involved which went down very well we are told, and the main cake over three tiers had 3D fairies with the bride and groom being rendered as an angel and elf!

Can you tell I am proud of her? :)

Anyway, welcome to DaniWeb...

Hi chanticleer, my wife (Yvonne) also loves baking - to the point of having set up a business baking 'designer' cakes this year. Totally self-taught, she never ceases to amaze me at what she can make. Did a wedding recently that invloved recreating a top-table with 3D caricatures of all the family involved which went down very well we are told, and the main cake over three tiers had 3D fairies with the bride and groom being rendered as an angel and elf!

Can you tell I am proud of her? :)

Anyway, welcome to DaniWeb...

You should be proud! That's awesome! I've done a few fancier cakes -- but they haven't turned out that wonderfully -- definitely not professional! I do a lot of whole-grain baking, rustic breads and cookies. I'd love to learn cake decorating, but I'm not that artistic, so I'd need a lot of help!

Thanks for the welcome.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.