I think I paid around 80 for my sound card, but it was at the bottom of my priorities since I don't really play games all that much. My next enhancement's should/needs to be the new zalman vga cooler. My graphics card is VERY large and gets VERY hot. I do have one extra fan that's so large it won't fit in my case. I would like to rig it somehow on my desk, because my blower fan blows out heat and can really warm the room up.

I had to add the Zalman on my wife's 7600GT. It really wound up when you started a game. Riva Tuner helped some with the RPMs but not enough - i had to get the Zalman to get it quiet. Great GPU fans. Now my 7900GTX fans are axctually pretty decent and quiet i saw no reason to replace those. I installed an X1900xtx for a customer two weeks ago and you should have heard that thing ramp up in RPM's

O M G :eek:

Here's basically what it sounded like. Listen to it change RPM's @ 1:18 into the video. They are very loud.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2086241696801160307&q=x1900xtx

Well that proves what I always think.. Not only have new friends been made, but we were all entertained at the same time. *AND* I now have a bookmark with like a thosand set-ups I could consider for my next build all in one place! touch.

See! Flaming should be compulsory, not against the rules.

*AND* I now have a bookmark with like a thosand set-ups I could consider for my next build all in one place! touch.

:) Agreed.

See! Flaming should be compulsory, not against the rules.

Hear Hear.

Well look at it this way, the most constructive reforms have always come from debates or spirited banter about issues. As long as in the end people come away with the ability to aquiesse to a degree at a certain point to calm the storm down it usually ends well. :)

Forums thrive off of controversy.... Would there been as many posts if we hadn't disagreed with each other? I think not.

Well Daniweb is a very nice place started by a presumably very nice person. And the forums here have both a high degree professionalism and diversity, but it's not really a hardocp/madshrimps type of place where you're going to see debates often. One thing that really struck me was how Dani, and her other leaders here were willing to have Daniweb reunions/gatherings. It's a really nice touch. It's bit too relaxed for me though, but still a very nice place on the web.

As an addendum to a few of my earlier posts. I will say this which is something thats not really been touched on alot lately. It's a 'control factor' in gaming that's recently become an issue with respect to this very thread, and that's what type/size of display you plan to have. It wasn't but a mere 1-2 years ago when CRT's still dominated the PC gaming scene. However now LCD's have finally become mainstream, but they are for the most part fixed resolutions, and you have to have a video GPU subsystem that will drive the framerates respectably at that resolution. Even more often now - we have wide screen fixed resolutions entering the fray with 16:10-16:9 resolutions - that is what everyone is REALLY wanting to game with, and to game in those resolutions with the newest games you really do have to start thinking SLI or crossfire with high end GPU cards. With that in mind my own "budget gamers' configuration will not really work, but it would work if all you're driving is a 19" LCD with a 4:3 aspect ratio at 1280x1024, or possibly a CRT that can scale up and down very easily in resolutions gicving you total flexibility.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.