How many players on the Yankeez (MLB) team are using steroids that are against the MLB policy? And do you think thats why they have won so many years in a row?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Not real sure about your question, mate, as I've not really followed Major League Baseball. I enjoy watching competition come Olympics, but that's about it.

On a side issue, though, do you reckon those steroids would impact favourably on hand injuries? One of my sons played competitive baseball up until he was 15 (it's played pretty much as a Winter Sport regionally in Australia) and by that time hed broken just about every bone and dislocated just about every joint in both hands!

Being a tad concerned about this, I had some serious discussion, and was told that injuries of this kind and extent are pretty common amongst baseballers.

At 15, he swapped over to Football (the real, bone-crushing 'Aussie Rules' kind) and I was pretty glad about that.

I reckon it was a 'safer' pursuit!

If you use steroids while playing baseball, what good do you get from it? well, probably aside from the fact that you almost never get tired, will you be hitting better? probably running faster... but aside from all of these, what benefits do you get from it? Never played the game though, all we do here is play basketball...

Oh wow!

I'd not realised that in this day and age steroid use could be so prevalent in any major competitive sport. If comments like these are any indication of the situation there then it's an absolutely unforgivable scenario. Yes, oalee, steroid use gives you an 'edge', increasing your abilities artificially. Good grief, it doesn't matter what the professional sporting competition is, over here in Australia if you get sprung with too much cough medicine in your system you've probably just blown your career!

Damn eh! Just what is the situation there at present, WEATHER CHANNEL? Most of the articles I found were a year or two old.

Its not "the Yankees", its "baseball" ... no need to attack the Yankees on such a general issue, really.

it probably enhances your stamina, but will you hit better? it increases stamina and strength but will it increase accuracy? let's take basketball for example, if a basketball player took steroids he'll be stronger and faster. but will he be shooting better?

I was just wondering...

Oh my! That's trying to reduce life to simple 'either/or' situations, isn't it?

Performance enhancing drugs aren't something which will magically transform a 'dud' into a 'superstar', but by enhancing strength, stamina and so on, but they will generate a better 'base' to work with. Practice is still necessary, inherent skill is still necessary, but if you gain an unfair 'edge' as a side-effect of having used such substances, then yes! Taking them has increased those factors, even if only indirectly.

what are the side-effects of steroids anyway? I'm totally ignorant of the actual side-effects that these performance enhancing drugs produce...

A google search would turn up discussion papers, but at a quick glance, you'd have to put increased aggressive behaviour and impotence at the top of the list. Perhaps the two are linked? :)

Lol

Its not "the Yankees", its "baseball" ... no need to attack the Yankees on such a general issue, really.

Well, of course common sense would tell one to question the ring holders. ;) So why would I question the integrity of that team....come on give use a break, do I need to rattle off a list of SLUGGERS on that team that declined testing?......To the question about "do steroids make you a better player" your joking right? Well, in baseball we have this thing called a "mile high pop fly" which in the old days most would end up being caught by out fielders, but with the power behind steroids those " pop flys" are being launched out of the stadiums!
Those players know who they are, as far as I'm concerned they are spitting on the greats. So **** them all teams who carry them* Cough* barry*Cough* Sammy*Cough* Giamby*Cough*shefield*.......................need I say more ?

Yeah, why don't you rattle them off? The only (grasping at straws) ones you can say are Sheffield and Giambi. And Sheffield wasn't even on the Yankees last year. Bobby Cox, who I think it is safe to say has been around more ball players than you, me and everyone else on this site combined said that Sheff didn't look like the type of guy to use steriods. Not that they even denied it - the union did. That's not to say they can't do what they want, but they are part of a union and have to act in accordance with it.

It is not common sense. It would seem to be anti-Yankee bias, really to name the Yankees in such a post about such a big and general issue as steroids. And the Yankees aren't the "ring holders" and they haven't been for 3 years. That would be the Marlins. If you wanted to go for the year before that - Angels. Year before that? Diamondbacks. So, you are three years off. The Yankees aren't allowed to win, of course - in your book, just every other team in the league, apparently.

I am not going to make a statement on who I think might use steroids or anything of that nature because I have never seen any player use steroids in my life and it would be irresponsible to say anything more on such a sensitive issue, in my opinion.

To the question about "do steroids make you a better player" your joking right? Well, in baseball we have this thing called a "mile high pop fly" which in the old days most would end up being caught by out fielders, but with the power behind steroids those " pop flys" are being launched out of the stadiums!

Thanks for the info... I'm really not into baseball... it's so... well, ... not physically challenging... if u get what i mean...

You're both letting your own delusions run away with you.
First of all Patty Cake, I didn't say have the BS you tried to spin that I said! Let common sense take it's course with you and go back and read.
Olaee, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....no, I don't know what you mean. Come again.

Exhibit A,from this
Exhibit B,to this BEAST
Exhibit C,to the payed slugger
Exhibit D,slimming down after news of testing(picture taken just a while ago)

Need I present more common sense?

You said all of what I "spun". But, you avoid it. And now you add namecalling to the list... I don't know if that is allowed here, but because of it, I am not going to respond to this topic again. You show photos from when Giambi was basically college age to what... 7 years later when he was in the prime of life and all he has to do is exercise? Taking photos from around the Internet... gee, that really is common sense - you really got me! If he hits 40 homers again this year, I wonder how you will "spin" that.

Anyway, you aren't concerned with being responsible or actually facing issues, just using pretty language to anger/rally people into your view point. So, there is no point in me replying further.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.