Some friends were recently discussing TV theme songs/scores. We are all old enough to remember when theme music lasted longer than 10 seconds. I thought it would be interesting to get some input from the Daniweb community. My top three favourite TV themes are:

1. Man In a Suitcase by Ron Grainer
  2. The Avengers by Laurie Johnson
  3. Peter Gunn by Henry Mancini

Honorable mention goes to Perry Mason by Fred Steiner

Ron Grainer, by the way, was also the composer for the themes for the shows The Prisoner and Dr. Who. These scores were good enough that I would gladly sit through the entire closing credits just to hear the music.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The first is called Funeral March of the Marionettes. It's amazing how hearing that can take me right back to that time.

<edit>
Funeral March of a Marionette by Charles Gounod.
</edit>

In addition to previous suggestions, I also like Cheers theme song by Gary Portnoy and few that are more recent: 30 Rock by Jeff Richmond (extended version) and House of Cards by Jeff Beal.

Another one I really like, but about an Italian show is the theme song for Inspector Montalbano by Franco Piersanti.

Twin Peaks and Green Hornet are the first that come to mind. Twilight Zone is a good third.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.