Sorry to let the ego flow, but I've just got back from a day in London at the UK IT Security Journalism Awards 2006.

Somehow I managed to win both the Best Security Feature award and IT Security Journalist of the Year 2006 as well.

To say I am chuffed would be doing the word chuffed a disservice :)

Rankenstein commented: Worth some rep! Congrats! +1

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Congratulations!

Haha not bad...

Congratulations Davey!

Wow. Good job!

Kudos! Gratzi! GOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaal!

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Can u post your article here please. I'd like to read it.

Unfortunately not, due to contractual obligations to the publications the work was originally published in.

However, the feature 'Know Your Enemy' which won the Best Security Feature was published in PC Plus issue 226 and the whole magazine can be freely downloaded as a PDF from the PC Plus Archive.

I won the overall IT Security Journalist of the Year award for my portfolio of work in PC Pro magazine, and you can find my reviews, features and 'Real World Computing' columns at the website. You do need to register to access all the stuff on the site, but it is free to do so...

That is oddish. Becuase you were interviewed by a Media Element you are not allowed to put your thoughts and ideas into a forum becuase somebody else now owns the rights to what was your idea and opinion.
My thoughts go back to that fella that first saw a log rolling down that hill and told an aquaintance of a relative about it, the aquaintance told a few more about an event that occured, one of the listeners took the thought forward and the basic Wheel Sled came into being, the wheel was soon to follow and these free flowing ideas, for good or miscreant purposes transformed the way that those and others were able to accomplish such tasks as Pyramids of Giza, Stonehenge, Hadrians Infrastructure and I guess even the Maclaren FII.
Pay no attention to my ramblings, for they are either mad or brilliant, is all a matter of perception.

Slightly different to being interviewed by a media concern, rather they paid me to write something for them on a commercial basis. No different really to me painting a picture and selling it to someone on an exclusive basis and then selling prints of it to everyone else who wanted one as well.

Not everything I write is covered by such tight re-publishing controls, but increasingly it does seem to be a trend.

Congrats for good job, i am currently reading your article, but i need some suggestion, iam planning to do CEH course in Hacking, is it worth doing it ? and what are my opions.

The value of any Certified Ethical Hacking course can only really be determined by how you intend to use it, to be honest. What do you hope to achieve having completed it?

hi, thank you for the response. I have done MCSE CCNA , now working for DELL , so looking at future , iam assuming that i can use the course for future growth in organisation.; Honestly i don't know. I love the sound of course and its contents.

I request you to give me suggestion what can i do you.

Thats very cool :) Congrats! :)

Wat should i do, i don't know give me some advice.

hi, thank you for the response. I have done MCSE CCNA , now working for DELL , so looking at future , iam assuming that i can use the course for future growth in organisation.; Honestly i don't know. I love the sound of course and its contents.

I request you to give me suggestion what can i do you.

To be honest it is not a decision that anyone can make but yourself.

If you are thinking of doing the course purely in order to enhance your career/earning prospects then you need to do some research yourself and calculate if the time/expense required to complete the course will likely provide a good enough return on that investment.

If you are thinking of doing simply to learn, and you have already indicated you love the sound of the course and its contents, without worrying about the career forwarding implications then the decision becomes much easier.

Personally, I take every chance I can to improve my education but admit that I am lucky in that my job allows me to learn while I am working, indeed it is a core function of being a tech journalist.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Thanks. Three weeks on and the glass trophies are still on my desk, and I still polish them every day to get my grubby fingerprints off. I guess the novelty will wear off soon and they will join earlier awards locked away in a cabinet for safe keeping...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.