Are there any ways you can think of for someone to get into the world of driverless car technology. I'd like to learn more about this field and see where I can make a contribution towards it, it seems like an enormously exciting endeavour to work on something like this.

I'd love to partner up with someone experienced in hardware/robotics and work and start working on this technology from the ground up. The plan is to just have fun working on something that's incredibly challenging, and at the cutting edge. No one I know with a robotics background is available (busy with job/family/etc).

So is there any way for an average person can get involved without working for Google/Apple/etc?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I work for Bosch, in Palo Alto, developing automated driving technologies for production cars. Send me your CV and a description of what you'd be interested in working on and what makes you qualified for doing that. Who knows, you might be able to do an internship with us.

Other than that, I'm too busy to give personal coaching or anything of the sort. A good starting point if you want to learn what you need to learn to get into this field is to look up job postings, such as ours here, and try to develop the skills that are listed in the job requirements.

Hi, Mike.

Send me your CV and a description of what you'd be interested in working on and what makes you qualified for doing that. Who knows, you might be able to do an internship with us.

Nice offer. Is that offer open to others?
Realistically, I doubt I would have any chance of being hired by Bosch (just a BASc, not a PhD). However, I am making a push right now to build up my network on LinkedIn. Would you mind if I send you a LinkedIn Connection request?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.