Hi, I've subscribed to Daniweb as I kept finding answers to my concerns on your discussion boards. Google seems to love you.

At the moment I am in the process of re-inventing myself. I used to teach computing to what is known in this country as 'robust' 16-19 year olds with some teaching of adults.

I am probably a better writer than a programmer, but I am quite good at explaining technical stuff that I understand.

I left teaching to start an internet business, made the mistake of following the money and venture capitalists, instead of starting small and build up a business gently. Badly burnt I worked for the government for a few years, processing paper and doing a bit of writing.

I am now trying to restart by learning PHP etc and looking at Open Source software. I'll need help when I start trying to do clever things.

I am probably a better writer than a programmer, but I am quite good at explaining technical stuff that I understand.

I am planing to start up some information sites, which I hope to fund with advertising, sponsorship and possibly selling my writing and speaking skills.

Am I doing the right thing by using a package, such as Mambo, or should I be looking for some sort of Open Office toolkit to build up a system that I need? Any comment greatfully received. :eek:

Also any suggestions on good sites of marketing and promoting a site will be much appreciated, but please do not send me links to commerical sites.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I hang around ab it in the PHP forum so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks John. I'll probably be seeking your help before too long.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.