Greetings,

I want to read on several topics related to the Web development and I hope that you can give me an advice on the best book in the range of books available for me in every topic. For sure no one read all these books to give a final strict advice on the best among them But I just want to know if there was someone read a book from books listed below and believes that it is good book to start. I am asking such a question because I've read a book on ASP.NET and within the book the author referred to another book for a further detailed information and when I checked the other book I found it better than the one I was reading as it was explaining in more and advanced details.

So, for example if someone asked me what is the best book to pick up to learn about ASP.NET my advice will be definitely pick up either Professional ASP.NET 4 in C# and VB or Professional ASP.NET 4.5 in C# and VB based on the framework you are targeting.

AJAX

• Ajax in Action
  • Professional Ajax, 2nd Edition
  • Programming ASP.NET AJAX

HTML5

• HTML5 in Action
  • HTML5 Cookbook

JavaScript

• Beginning JavaScript, 5th Edition
  • JavaScript Cookbook, 2nd Edition
  • JavaScript Step by Step, 3rd Edition
  • Mastering JavaScript Object-Oriented Programming
  • Mastering JavaScript

JSON

• Beginning JSON
  • JavaScript JSON Cookbook

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I recently read HTML5 and CSS3 for DUMMIES. I found it very good and interesting since I knew practically nothing about web development.

I would recommend you read "Learning PHP, MySql & Javascript with jquery, css & html5" by Robin Nixon.
get The fourth edition newer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.