Fellow Programmers,

An hr before I roll off to sleep, I nearly always download for an hr entertainment or php tutorial videos from youtube. Got about 100 downloads at present on php tutorials. Was wondering what to download tonight and then something came to my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mysqli+binding

However, you guys are welcome to make me suggestions on what to download regarding php that you think would accelerate my php learning.

I always use the following to download youtube videos:

http://videograbby.com
http://clipconverter.cc

Getting tired of copying urls of vids to those sites manually. Have to go through this nonsense now. Now, I'm thinking, I might aswell build a bot (.exe) that keyword queries youtube and then shows a list of results from youtube with checkboxes on the side of each video so I can easily check which videos to download (will add a multi check box) and then click the download button and all videos would get auto downloaded. Ofcourse, I can add more options like download videos based on poularity or views or schannel subscriptions and so on but I won't bother with all that now.
What I'm thinking right now is to attempt to build a web version of this bot (.php). Have you guys ever thought of building it ? It would sell well. Anyway, if I build the .exe bot, I just hope I remember to add a download link in this forum for everyone to download. Especially, the ones who have helped me out so far in php coding and learning.

Back in 2012, I once built a .exe bot that finds you WP blogs that still have their commenting section open and then posts your comment. Haven't sold any copy yet. Now thinking of adding a spinner. Also, pondering to build a web version with curl. You guys are gonna help me out with my curl learning. :)
I look forward to your "preachings". No, I won't ask you to build my web bot. I'll ask basic questions where I get stuck on general web scraping.
I'm really looking forward to finish learning curl. I am very creative. Hold your breath and see where my enthusiastic mind leads me to.
I have a good brain and eye to spot improvements on things important in life. Everywhere, I look around me, I come-up with improvements. I can think of improvements to forums and social networks and searchengines. In the very near future, I am going to build my own php forum with all my unique features. You guys would love it so much to spend half your forum times at my forum. ;)

PS - Not spamming this forum. Note no sales message nor affiliate or order links. Just speaking my mind that's all. Sick and tired of seeing sloppiness all over the world. I'll use my php skills to contribute to the internet to weed-out a lot of sloppiness.

PPS - During my php learning, my very 1st project was to build a social network or member login site. Gonna compete with facebook, twitter, reddit, digg, stumbleupon, tumblr, delicio.us, pinterest, etc. Gonna reveal some of my unique feature ideas in this forum soon so lookout for my threads and give me feed-back. I don't mind you copying my ideas and building your own. Aslong as my unique feature ideas are LIVE & KICKING online somewhere on the internet then I am happy because they would be viral money making feature or viral traffic ideas that would benefit every member.

My 2nd project would be to build a web crawler, indexer and a searchengine to compete with google. I have unique feature ideas that, unless the big guys copy my ideas and give me some credit they will all go bankrupt.

My 3rd project would be to build a forum. Gonna bore you again: I have unique feature ideas that, unless the big guys, along with this forum, copy my ideas and give me some credit they will all go bankrupt.

Not being big headed but realistic. You are welcome to critisize my feature ideas only once you've heard them. Don't be sarcastic in advance. You never know, you might regret it. Just like I'll regret for rambling like this now with sleep in my head. I'll wake-up and come to my senses and think why didn't I keep my mouth shut and just build the damn projects and then show it to everyone for feed back and approval. Boasting in advance is gonna end up you losing those who probably would've helped you compete with the big guys.
Anyway, got to roll off to sleep. Over & out! :thumbsup:
Now, you ponder, if I'm serous about my claims or was i just entertaining you all just before I roll off to sleep. Ha! Ha! Keep wondering but don't wander away too much! Lol!

Good night!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Have you guys ever thought of building it ? It would sell well.

Hmm, that would infringe YouTube terms of services (ToS) I suggest you to not try to monetize it, however, if you want to investigate it look at youtube-dl project on GitHub:

I use it along with mps-yt as command line YT player, I set it to not show the video, so it does not consume resources.

Member Avatar for diafol

Doug.s lab

I'll wake-up and come to my senses and think why didn't I keep my mouth shut and just build the damn projects and then show it to everyone for feed back and approval.

If I created something that made Google bankrupt, I wouldn't bother seeking feedback or approval. The product and the achievement would speak for itself.

Boasting in advance is gonna end up you losing those who probably would've helped you compete with the big guys.

Yep. It's all talk till you actually do it. A wise man once said "If you're going to take Vienna, take Vienna." No one takes Vienna by coding YouTube Bots. You say you're an ideas man. If so, HIRE people to do the coding. Think big. This thread should be titled "How I'm going to bankrupt Google", not "What to download today from YouTube?"

Good luck.

Or, in other words,

If you're going to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

• Tuco (TGTBATU)

Thanks Cereal for being cautious for me.
Diafol, I didn't understand your post.
AssertNull, I really like your Username. You really assert null. Hope you assert it into all the hackers. I like your humour and Reverend Jim's! ;)

Let me finish learning how to do this hashing thing and finish learning mysqli prepared statements. Then, I'm jumping into pdo. But the big guys are gonna see the end of my shot gun's knoll before that (as soon as I finish this hashing thing and mysqli prepared stuffs). Lol!

I can't download from YouTube. Because sotfware which I am using asking to pay myself. Which one do you use guys?

Rosario1990,

If you had bothered to read my original post then you would know which ones I use.

Member Avatar for diafol

I can't download from YouTube. Because sotfware which I am using asking to pay myself. Which one do you use guys?

I'm assuming that you are asking the whole community, not just the OP. I never saw the benefit of downloading videos. Bookmarking or storing the watch code is enough for me. Although videos get taken down, all my fave bookmarks still work - from over 5 years ago.
I have an additional DIY bookmark database that I keep stuff in - resource urls mainly that I access through a simple php search page.

My 3rd project would be to build a forum

You're going to knock StackOverflow off its perch. OK.
I assume you have seeders and a shedload of content to start off with. Marketing a dying platform this will be interesting. Do you have backers?

My 2nd project would be to build a web crawler, indexer and a searchengine to compete with google. I have unique feature ideas that, unless the big guys copy my ideas and give me some credit they will all go bankrupt.

So you are going to compete with Google. OK.
What's the business model? How are you going to make money?

My very 1st project was to build a social network or member login site. Gonna compete with facebook, twitter, reddit, digg, stumbleupon, tumblr, delicio.us, pinterest, etc.

You are taking on some of the top SNs. OK.
We are waiting with bated breath. What's the url for your SN, and is it ready to sign up to? How is it different to those mentioned? What's the USP? All SNs have to start somewhere - there are tens of thousands of them out there, most of which died a death after a month or two. Are you starting a kickstarter campaign?

I'm assuming that you are serious with these claims. For those that could be bothered to read the original post, where's the update on your progress?

I never saw the benefit of downloading videos.

I will occasionally download a video to show to my mother (for example) at her place where there is no internet access, or to watch later at the cottage where, unlike at home, I have a very restrictive data cap.

Back in 2012, I once built a .exe bot that finds you WP blogs that still have their commenting section open and then posts your comment.

Well done, your posting bot has obviously evolved to posting to forums and ever since you added the Rambling::Bullshit module and pointed it at daniweb.com it's gone from strength to strength. Keep up the good work, with all your amazing ideas you're clearly destined for the top.

Vim Pty,

I don't build fpru, spam bots. I'm not a bot posting in forums.

commented: That's exactly what a great AI spambot would write. "I am not a bot." +0

fpru: Forensic Psychiatric Rehabilitation Unit, according to Google. Appropriate?

commented: With bots committing suicide today, sounds right. +0
commented: ha ha ha. Give it a label :) +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.