I want to create a bootable USB-stick. I have a MS-DOS 6.22 image file. I used Rufus but that didn't work. Do you know a better program for the job? If you think a Linux stick would be better... well, I decided to use a MS-DOS 6.22 and put Ghost on it. I would say that works great :) Thanks in advance

edit: addition
I put another item on this website earlier... which can be answered with the same solution, I think. The post is this one: https://www.daniweb.com/posts/jump/2235445

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have to write that such wouldn't be useful for most of what I do. You could google other ideas but when I need bootable USB sticks here's what I have on my desk: The W10 install and repair stick. TAILS OS. Mint Linux. Android x86. And I need to fix my old Chrome x86 stick. So looking around for that soon.

I've created a lot of bootable USB using Rufus and it always works. I'm not understanding that why it's not working in your case. I would suggest you try PowerISO its also a very famous software to make bootable USB.

I too have a problem with RUFUS but have had no response to enquiries via that website. To reiterate:

I used RUFUS 3.6 Portable to create what I'd hoped to be a bootable version of Trinity Rescue Kit 3.4. The creation process appeared to be normal but when I tried to boot from the USB drive I received an error "vesamenu.c32: not a COM32R image", repeated when the drive continued its boot attempts (an endless loop). Why is this and what can I do to resolve the problem?

My OS is Win 7 Pro 32bit.

Any assistance or advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards.

GeordieLad

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.