I want to see your suggestions on comparing CPanel and FASTPANEL.

I used CPanel for some time but later I changed to FASTPANEL which is absolutely free but provides you with the same opportunities. Also FASTPANEL's design looks much better than CPANEL's one. So now I can't understand why people pay for CPanel.

What panel do you guys use and why?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Plesk, just to throw another into the mix. Why? A combination of legacy and lethargy with a bit of if it ain't broke for good measure I guess...

I've used cPanel the most, but this is because it comes with every new hosting package at Namecheap. I had to install it onl;y once myself as cPanel WHM on a VPS for a project.
I don't know Fastpanel, but I see it's free for 18 months and after that you will have to pay for it. It would be handy if they would say on their website how much this will be.

cPanel is used by many major hosting companies and it offers the ability to move hosting accounts from one host to another with ease. Also it is very popular and most customers know and understand how to use the control panel. When customers are looking for a new company they don't necessarily want to learn a new control panel. I have been using cPanel for several years now and I can say that they do provide outstanding support when needed. You will not receive such important features from a free control panel.

Regards,
Akshay

FASTPANEL is NOT "Free"...

It's "FREE*", is a closed source, proprietary solution, and you cannot self-host this control panel (You must purchase an OpenVZ VPS service from the Estonian company FastVPS. There doesn't seem to be any integration at all or modules to support a billing system like WHMCS, Blesta, BoxBilling, or even HostBill.

• Within the limited advertising campaign you will receive your full-functional version of FASTPANEL without restriction on the number of sites for a period of no less than 12 months absolutely free of charge. FASTPANEL reserves the right to change the license status to commercial at any time after this period, but with a notification of not less than 30 days.

If you're looking for a free website management control panel system, I've listed some of the available Free and Open Source (FOSS) solutions below:

And many more... Why purchase a mandatory service to use a control panel that warns you it will start charging you for in the future? If you want a real seasoned, mature, and reliable product that you're going to pay for, why not self-host cPanel on your own servers?

I hope that helps!

Plesk, just to throw another into the mix.

I've been using ISPConfig for several years now. It's free, open source, and does most of what CPanel does. I find ISPConfog much easier to use and more intuitive. Support in the forum is first class. Paid support is available if really required. Installation is non-trivial but if you follow the appropriate tutorial it's not difficult. Oh, and it will support multiple servers in a master/slave scenario.

Hello, Just try CWP Centos Web Panel also, its a greate and 100% free alternative of Cpanel.

A web web hosting control panel is a web-based interface supplied through a net hosting service that permits customers to manage their servers and hosted services. ... Domain Name System server. Mail server and junk mail filter. File Transfer Protocol server.

commented: Thanks +0

I am use to C Panel, rather than fast panel, and also recommending use cpanel having a lot of functionalities over fastpanel.

It's useful information.

Thank you it is very useful

Plesk, just to throw another into the mix. Why?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.