Hey all im sitting here at work bored half to death and listening to my Ipod. My only support call today was the receptionist not being able to work the phone switch properly and only involved pressing a C. But i just thought i might kill some time and start a thread on what music you listen to while playing games.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

it depends, when I play halo multiplayer online i like to listen to rob zombie, disturbed and drowning pool. and when i play campaign mode i like softer stuff. when i lplay to ghost recon i like to listen to classical. and when i play tony hawk (any one) i like to listen to RHCP(red hot chili pepeprs)

For my FPS (America's Army), I gots my Audioslave and Incubus out.

For anything else (basically strategy) its a variety of things, from the Chili Peppers to the Fray.

I am of an age where I have enough trouble playing the darn game, without listening to music at the same time. heck, I even turn the music off that plays in the background on PS2 platformers!

erm, red hot chillis, nickleback, and feeder! at the moment has to be;
dani california - someday - just the way im feeling

:D

darren

I am of an age where I have enough trouble playing the darn game, without listening to music at the same time. heck, I even turn the music off that plays in the background on PS2 platformers!

But the repedative music on consoles is what makes them fun like on tony hawk 2 where it played like half of each song and had something incredible like 6 songs that it played through.

I think I preferred the kind of plink-plonk-fizz stuff of old school games from 20 years back to be honest.

I prefer to give my full attention to the game sounds. Thats not to say that I mute the ingame music too. I love the ambience the music creates during the game...

I do tend to agree with you on that up to a certain point i wouldnt play music while playing a game like Half life2 or something that i need to pay attention to the games on. however if i was playing a game where i dont have to listen to the speeches or that is still text based speech such as world of warcraft, call of duty, day of defeat source and counterstrike source ( to a certain extent) then i will have music going.

you need the in-game music, but it mustn't drown the sounds though, thats not good :d

I listen to Senses Fail and from first to last anything post-hardcore-scremo

Yay for hardcore screamo

I like The Used, does that count for scremo? The used is actually from orem utah, i'm from provo utah, isn't that awesome?
Did you guys know that Orem is the safest city in the U.S.?

no the usd are emo not screamo. heh heh that rymes

Well, that's a complicated question...

-For Megaman x series games, guns n roses is always good (if anyone has played megaman x5 for psx, they should again and take note of all the GNR references)
-For Starcraft, I have my "starcrafting" playlist, consisting of techno, avenged sevenfold, the log theme from ren and stimpy, and metal.
-For Marathon (the greatest fps evar), I like metal and good killing music, and punk rock.
-For FF games, I listen to the music ingame.
-Legendary Samurai Musashi (PS2) - The Postal Service. I don't know why.
-Lastly, we have la creme de la PSX, Castlevania : Symphony of the Night. For that I have my special "vampire slaying" playlist, consisting of metal, rage, techno, avenged sevenfold ("bat country"'s solo sounds like it should've been in the actual game, listen and know why)
-Otherwise, I listen to the (literally) days of music on my computer on random.

i agree with darrenw89, i turn up the sound effects and enjoy

Only with some games. If I've been playing it for a long time, unless the score is just incredible I will play other music. BGMs get a little old sometimes, ya know?

i agree with darrenw89, i turn up the sound effects and enjoy

good man! long as it hasnt got those really anoying repeative ones, `the sound effects to slash your wrists by` :lol:

for bf2 i like silence but not lately as my pc has begin whining :(
now i like dragonforce

I listen to

• Iron Maiden
  • Ian Brown
  • Coheed and Cambria
  • Anything 80's

Depends.

Usually I put anything that won't distract me too much, ideally a simpler beat. Lots of dance, I guess. Sometimes Nitzer Ebb works, sometimes Rob Zombie. Nitzer Ebb kinda lightens the mood and the game is more trivial, less stress.

If it's Day of Defeat: Source or something, and I have to run up in someone's grill and use my K98 like a shotgun, then yes, the stimulus Rob provides works well. Soundtrack stuff also kicks ass, anything dramatic will do. It gets you out of your sniping shell.

If you want to be a reactive hunter, meaning some guy who actually listens to the footsteps on upper floors, or the firing off of a rifle (and its respective direction), then kill the music, or keep it fairly soft.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.