Hi, Im a student and a sales rep looking to obtain good information on computer systems and IT in general. I usually dont spend much time online because Im busy, but also I havent found any subject that motivates me to do so. This site looks fantastic so I hope to learn from and contribute to it. Thank you for reading this intro; if I can be of assistance= write me.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Than you :) Welcome to DaniWeb!! :)

Hi jetfire, hopefully Daniweb will convince you to spend more time online. It's the best way to learn more about IT, and this is the best place to find the help you need.

Welcome aboard!

Hey, nice to make a friend on the site. I have been browsing, and theres a lot of great points. If you know how to optimize the performance of a new laptop, make some notes for me. Thanks

1. Remove Windows.
  2. Install Linux.
  3. Performance optimised.

:)

I did not know that. Is there any way to do it online (download and directions)? Thanks

I did not know that. Is there any way to do it online (download and directions)? Thanks

Well, I think that Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/) is an good linux distribution to start with (I think, don't pinn me down on this one), but if you want some serious info from the guys and gals who really know their stuff, make an topic in:

Tech Talk -> Linux and Unix

Hey, thank you. I'll try to make something of this. Ill be reading as much as I can on the high speed threads around the site. Wire me if you come across any good information, as always I appreciate it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.