Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Now that is a real shame :sad:

Steve Irwin was a one off, both in terms of knowledge and passion as well as his natural flair for television. The world needs educators such as Steve, and shall be a much emptier place without him.

Yes...a tragic end to one of the worlds great conservationists and a great Australian.

I can still hear that catchcry 'CRIKEY' in my head!

R.I.P Steve

I guess though that that's how he'd have wanted to go. Not confined to a bed by illness or old age but out in the wild working with animals.

And he wasn't even liked by crocodiles, I always thought he would die like that.

He was filming a documentary at the time, too. He did a lot more than ever deal with crocs. In fact, throughout his entire show, I don't think I've seen him handle a single crocodile, but I sure did see him with lots of snakes and other critters.

Of course, there's always a thin line between bravery and stupidity...

Are you saying he was stupid? He wasn't. Do you even know how he died?

Are you saying he was stupid?

No, I wasn't saying that, I was just saying that swimming near a stingray isn't exactly the safest thing to do...

He should have been using more sun block.

No, I wasn't saying that, I was just saying that swimming near a stingray isn't exactly the safest thing to do...

It might not be but the news on dutch television sad that there were only records of 2 people dying like that before. He was stung in his hart area, which made his hart stop working.
If you get normally stung by those stingray's, you would have an painfull wound but you would survive.

even still, what a legend! he had so much passion for what he did, and his poor kids, one day his wife will have the hard task of explaining to them what happened, as he was filming at the time - someone somewhere must have it on tape, not that im some kind of sicko, it would end and awful lot of rumors about how and what happened.

darren

Yes, Ifni just caught up with him.
Given his skill and experience I'd not call it stupidity. At most he might have gotten overconfident in his ability to predict what wild animals will do, and thus a bit short on caution.

even still, what a legend! he had so much passion for what he did, and his poor kids, one day his wife will have the hard task of explaining to them what happened, as he was filming at the time - someone somewhere must have it on tape, not that im some kind of sicko, it would end and awful lot of rumors about how and what happened.

darren

You are spot on.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5314918.stm

But the manager had later rejected the fact that he said he saw Irwin pull out the spike out of his heart.

Used to watch his documetaries as a kid, he looked really cool teaming up with his wife and performing all those things.

But like they say, "when you have got to go, you have got to go".

May his brave soul rest in peace.

R.I.P.
Irvin

Speaking as an aussie myself I can't say he diddn't have that coming too him. He was a great guy yes but he did have it coming and one of the worst things he could have done was pulling the barb out.

Pour out some liquor for your dead TV dimwit.

He may not have been the brightest light on the tree all the time, but we shall miss him, nonetheless. Besides, he did make me kinda watch his TV show, maybe just to see what would bite him this time, but I learned as a result.

So here's to Irwin-man.

It was very sad indeed... mostly for his kids :(

Yeah, I know pretty bad isn't it? A bad week for Australia as Peter Brock (Aussie racing driver) also died. A few days ago we had a tribute to Irwin for a few hous on the telly.

What was the first thing peter brock heard when he got to heaven?

CRICKY! YOUR HERE TOO!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.