Hey guys this is my first post on here, but not my last :D.
I just wanted to stop in here and say hi before I search for some info on here. It seems like this is going to be a great to :)

Well I'm off to surf here for some info.

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by happygeek

Welcome to DaniWeb, but please take a moment to read the rules especially with regard to the 'keep it spam free' section...

Wow if you consider that spam just wow. I'm sorry for even introducing myself :( I come here to get some info and tell you where I came from, not mention your came recommended to me and I get called a spammer. HMMMM well please do me a favor and delete my account here, because you guys are far to up tight to even bother coming around here for help. Not to mention I will be posting my terrible experience I had here on all the other forums I attend and run, because this is nuts. Not to mention if I was a spammer would I be writing back to this BS claim.....I think not, but anyways I hope you have a very nice day and I will be letting hundreds of thousands know about this. If you think I'm bluffing send me your email address so I can send you a few links in the next few days.

Thank You
Unhappy Poster :(

As explained by PM, the rules are very clear when it comes to advertising your site within postings, specifically:

"Do not spam, advertise, plug your website, or engage in any other type of self promotion."

How other than as a contravention of the rules are we supposed to view a posting that includes "I'm coming from www.xxxxxxx.com an up and coming buying, selling, trading forum. Check it out if you get a chance" to be fair?

And when exactly the same posting appears in two different forums, with exactly the same site plugging, how does this differ from being spam, albeit on a small scale?

It's to avoid misunderstandings by newcomers to the site that everyone is pointed to the rules when they join...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.