Hey guys this is my first post on here, but not my last :D.
I just wanted to stop in here and say hi before I search for some info on here. It seems like this is going to be a great to :)

Well I'm off to surf here for some info.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb, but please take a moment to read the rules especially with regard to the 'keep it spam free' section...

Welcome to DaniWeb, but please take a moment to read the rules especially with regard to the 'keep it spam free' section...

Wow if you consider that spam just wow. I'm sorry for even introducing myself :( I come here to get some info and tell you where I came from, not mention your came recommended to me and I get called a spammer. HMMMM well please do me a favor and delete my account here, because you guys are far to up tight to even bother coming around here for help. Not to mention I will be posting my terrible experience I had here on all the other forums I attend and run, because this is nuts. Not to mention if I was a spammer would I be writing back to this BS claim.....I think not, but anyways I hope you have a very nice day and I will be letting hundreds of thousands know about this. If you think I'm bluffing send me your email address so I can send you a few links in the next few days.

Thank You
Unhappy Poster :(

As explained by PM, the rules are very clear when it comes to advertising your site within postings, specifically:

"Do not spam, advertise, plug your website, or engage in any other type of self promotion."

How other than as a contravention of the rules are we supposed to view a posting that includes "I'm coming from www.xxxxxxx.com an up and coming buying, selling, trading forum. Check it out if you get a chance" to be fair?

And when exactly the same posting appears in two different forums, with exactly the same site plugging, how does this differ from being spam, albeit on a small scale?

It's to avoid misunderstandings by newcomers to the site that everyone is pointed to the rules when they join...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.