Even Elmo isn't laughing about this one. A Florida man called 9-1-1 after he says another man threatened his life over an Elmo doll.

Tampa police received the call around 8 a.m. Friday, just as customers were flocking to Target to scoop up the popular T-M-X Elmo, who slaps its knee, falls over and rolls around laughing when it's tickled. [more]

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_267202531.html

This is the stupidist thing i have ever heard of!!!

A fight Over some stupid doll? What the heck is wrong with people?

:D:D

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I remember when the origianl tickel-me-elmo's came out. There were fights and lifes threatened then also. Wonder what will happen when the next one come out.

THat Elmo better laugh so hard he craps his pants.

---OMG! Don't anyone take that idea, it's mine.

wow i want one! dani i think we should have a christmas wish list :lol:

almost as bad as the toy story craze!

This is the stupidist thing i have ever heard of!!!

What, you mean you don't remember the riots those hideous "Cabbage Patch Kids" caused? Some retailers actually had to have policemen stationed in their stores to stop the fights that would break out. Moms and grannies duking it out for the same doll, whacking each other with the dolls, flinging the dolls all over the stores. It was a frightening comment on consumer culture, to say the least.

Just goes to show the power we give advertising. Sad to say so many sheep out there that think so highly of a stupid doll

I don't actually know what Elmo is.

And yes, my rock I live under is very nice thankyou :P

First of all, the story takes place in Florida, that explains a lot! These are the same folks who are voting machine challenged.

I should know! Half my relatives life in Florida and they are crazy!

> Just goes to show the power we give advertising
Elmo was SO last year, just like the thread you dug up from the graveyard.

I don't actually know what Elmo is.

An idiot who took over sesame street and ruined the show (In many ppls opinions)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.