Hello everyone. I have just registered on this site, about time to. I was thinking about this for some time as I have been reviewing some blogs featured on the main page and read some of the tech talk topics. Also I took the liberty of quoting some of these in my clan's forum, ofcours with everytime including it's source and proper credits. I am glad to be a part of this community as I seek to enrich my overal IT knowledge.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi there, and welcome to DaniWeb. I do hope you don't mean that you copied entire blog or forum entries to your own site forum? A very brief extract and a link to the postings here is how it should be done to avoid copyright infringement issues.

I copied the article: 'PC Protection - How To Avoid Infections' and posted it on our forum, with a link to the article and mentioning of the user that posted it:

thanks to dlh6213 on daniweb to write this verry good and explaining article.

The article can be found on their Techtalk section

I also copied some blogs, again with the link and mentioning of the author

As I said before, a brief extract or quote, with a link pointing to the actual posting, be that blog, forum or tutorial, is the way to do this. Not the wholesale copying of DaniWeb content.

Sorry to get all heavy on you in the welcome thread, but we do have to protect our content as you can imagine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.