The good news

DaniWeb blogs are back in the Google News index, which means increased exposure for both DaniWeb and our team of blog posters (er, that's you folks.)

The bad news

We won't be there for long unless the qulaity of the blogs themselves changes.

The reminder

Can Dani and I remind everyone that DaniWeb blogs are perhaps a little different to some other blogging systems out there.

If you want an outlet to talk about politics, the food you like, how you are feeling today yada yada yada, then go get posting on Blogger - DaniWeb blogs are not for you.

So who are DaniWeb blogs for?

Anyone who wants to talk about technology, in particular technology in the news and put their own spin, add their own opinion, to the story. Any kind of IT that is covered within the forums is also fair game in the blogs.

What we are really looking for here is quality content, thought provoking, well written content.

Not questions, not pleas for help, and not a short cut and paste of a new story from another feed either.

Now that we have, finally, got back into the Google News index with all the exposure that brings to DaniWeb, let's try and stay there. Poor quality, off-topic blogging is not the way forward: and we will be taking a firmer stance in the blogs as a result.

Er, sorry, didn't men that to come over quite as heavy handed as it has. But the blogs are important to DaniWeb, and important to me as well. I want to see both continue to grow, and this is a great opportunity to do just that. Let's make the most of it...

Sulley's Boo commented: A rep. for a hardworker .. All the best =) +2

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

That's what makes Dani's site unique. If we stick to tech stuff we could use any tech site out there. Windows Forumz comes to mind. A bunch of stuffed-shirts with no sense of humor or indiviuality. Looks like there's room for everything here. IMPO

I have a programming build log located at:

http://neudev.blogspot.com/

This is a personal log (created at first just to replace a Notepad file on my PC for prog builds) It has evolved a wee bit moving into other areas of software design (and I hope towards a bit of an ethereal view of such-- I do not believe in "magic" or anything related (divination, etc)) but programming has a "majik" almost poetic quality to it at times-- I would like to exploit that.

Could I move this blog over to DaniWeb blogs somehow? Not sure. It would be more appropriate in this realm instead of floating in the swamp of personal blogs dealing with a high-schooler's track-and-field victories or the millionth photo album of a couple's first-born.

Any further info and\ or advice concerning this would be awesome.

Thank-you.

Arnold L.

Hmm.. this thread is kinda old..

Anyway, I was just wondering why blogs pertaining to politics, current events, and US foreign policy, etc. are not welcome on Daniweb. I mean, I love the great tech blog as much as anyone else.. but I also love to discuss politics and the such.. Besides, there is a coffee house category isn't there? I don't think such blogs would deteriorate the quality.. just diversify the blogs a bit more.

By the way, I think there should be some rules for blogging or w/e set on the blogging page..

Well putting a blog into 'coffee house' surly means something un-related to technology?

useful nformation...like it,.,thanks!

Besides, Politics can be a vicious blog.

Hello HappyGeek,
I am extremely happy to be here at Dani Web. You have mentioned that you do not look for links from other blogs, forums,articles etc. I feel that if you allow this option this forum would become more informative. Its not always that people would have time to write huge and descriptive content, what is usually done is that to add to the existing content people paste a link to a different site for addition information.

Regards,
Matt

I am extremely happy to be here at Dani Web. You have mentioned that you do not look for links from other blogs, forums,articles etc. I feel that if you allow this option this forum would become more informative. Its not always that people would have time to write huge and descriptive content, what is usually done is that to add to the existing content people paste a link to a different site for addition information.

You're allowed to link to/quote (within reason) other material in your blog. What we don't like is people copying and pasting articles from other sources, although copying and pasting press releases is fine as long as you add some of your own content.

You're allowed to link to/quote (within reason) other material in your blog. What we don't like is people copying and pasting articles from other sources, although copying and pasting press releases is fine as long as you add some of your own content.

Better check the submitted article with copyscape before approving it .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.