Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 4500. I have dual booted it with Fedora Linux and Windows XP SP2. I have a CNet PRO200WL ethernet card.
Linux doesn't start it. It fails during boot. It is also called it by a different Manufacture name in Linux. As a result I can't get email or use the internet.:sad:

So, spend a lot of time switching between Windows and Linux.
Where can I get a driver for my CNet PRO200WL ethrnet card? I tried CNet and I couldn't find the driver.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello rfw,
This is the commuinity introduction forum. You should post questions in ther orther forums.
I think this question would fit in at Tech Talk -> Linux and Unix

Linux doesn't start it. It fails during boot. It is also called it by a different Manufacture name in Linux. As a result I can't get email or use the internet.:sad:

Hello, and welcome to DaniWeb.

As Anonymusius has correctly stated, this is the incorrect forum to be asking for tech support. This is just where we all say hello to each other.

Try asking for help over in the *nix Hardware Configuration forum where I am sure there will be plenty of folk happy to help.

Oh, and sorry to rub the rules in yet again, but I edited out the email address from your original posting as we ask that members keep the help offered here on DaniWeb so that others may benefit from it in the future. If everyone were to just email their advice, there would be no support knowledgebase here at all.

Good luck in getting to the bottom of your problem, if anyone can help then DaniWeb members can!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.