0

Situation:

You are in your house relaxing, just about to have a cup of tea. Then the phone rings, the doorbell rings and the kettle starts to whistle simultaneously. What do you do next?

A: Answer the phone.
B: See who is at the door.
C: Take the kettle off the stove.

First answer decides.

8
Contributors
18
Replies
19
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Mushy-pea
0

Result:

You take the kettle off the stove and turn off the gas, but while you're doing this the phone stops ringing. "Oh well, maybe it was a wrong number" you think. You go to answer the door but when you open it there is nobody there. You've been expecting an important parcel to arrive soon, so maybe that was the postman about to deliver it? You walk out onto the street to see if you can see him and your door closes behind you, locking you out (as it is a latch and your keys are inside....IDIOT!?!). What do you do next?

A: Kick your own door in.
B: Walk towards town to kill some time before your house mate gets home.
C: Phone your house mate on your mobile to ask what time he gets back.

First answer decides.

0

First answer decides. A: Kick your own door in.

Result:

You walk up to your door and aim a hard kick at it. Being a strong lad (like the author) the door flies open leaving a nasty dent in the wood. However, once you have gone inside and closed the door you notice somthing strange. It looks as though the kick knocked a hole right through the door, contrary to how it looked from the other side. But when you look through the football sized hole it appears to lead into a dark place. WHAT?!? Are you tripping or somthing, it's light outside isn't it? What do you do next?

A: Put your hand through the hole.
B: Say "Hello" through the hole.
C: Back away and make that cup of tea to help you calm down and think this through.

First answer decides.

0

C: Back away and make that cup of tea to help you calm down and think this through.

0

Result:

You walk into the kitchen and bring the kettle back to the boil. Just after sitting down in the lounge with the tea you notice a slight buzzing noise coming from the direction of the hole. You try to ignore it. This is probably just....err, oh alright then you'll have a look! You can't resist it. What you see is giant flies coming out of the dark opening and the flow rate is increasing. Within seconds they're filling up the air around you. What do you do next?

A: Use your lighter and a can of deodourent as a flame thrower to burn the beasts!
B: Head for the back door quick and escape.
C: Just relax and have that cup of tea. You're probably hallucinating anyway.

0

Result:

You sit down again and try to relax. This can't be happening can it? Unfortunetley for you it is. The flies start to grab hold of your cloths with their....teeth? Yes, the flies have miniature human mouths and teeth and they're using them to drag you off the couch, noticably avoiding biting your skin. "HELP!?! OH GOD, PLEASE?!?" you scream. Within half a minute you've been dragged to the edge of the hole, the little critters are too strong to resist. Then you're being dragged through the hole into the darkness and the wood is splintering around you to make way. Your fear is indescribable.

At some point you must have passed out but you're not sure why, save for paralysing terror. When you awake you are sitting down in a dimmly lit room in the middle of a circle of people similarly seated, alternately male and female. There is not much light and they are wearing hoods so you can barely see their faces. Then a man with no face strides into view and starts talking to you. Despite having no mouth his voice appears to be coming from where his mouth should be (the effect is quite disturbing).

"Ahhh, young human. Be welcome among us. Pray tell me, how can we make you feel at home today (chuckle)?" How do you answer?

A: A cup of tea would be nice.
B: Why have you got no face?
C: I want to go home now please.

0

Result:

"Yes, of course. Sarah, Ben, please serve our guest.". Two adjacent people in the circle get up and start preparing the tea. "I almost forgot that we interupted your tea break before in the excitement.". Now that your eyes are getting used to the dim lighting you can make out more details of the room. The stone walls and ceiling are covered with an intricate mosaic that includes a bewilderingly complex circular pattern directly above you. There are dark, open arches providing an exit in all four directions.

"Where am I?" you enquire. "You are in hell, young one.". Your blood runs cold....HELL!?! "But it CAN'T BE! Heaven and hell are just states of mind you can experience on earth! I've always believed that!". "Thats what they all say. But don't worry, its not as bad as you think. Hell isn't about horrific suffering for all eternity. Its just somwhere people can go to....experience the dark side for a while shall we say.". You gather your thoughts enough to ask, "So why am I here?". "You are the traveller. The one who can go wherever he wishes." "But I didn't wish to go to hell!", you protest. "Ahhh, but you did. Somwhere inside you the morbid curiosity was there. Kicking that door in simply opened a path for you.".

You are handed a cup of tea (its delicious :p ). When you have finished the circle of people spread out to the edges of the room. "Now, please choose a path.". You notice there is an inscription above each arch. They read:

A: "Falling with the leaves, to the last goodbye, who cares why?"
B: "Seems every path leads me to nowhere...."
C: "I can't understand myself any more...."
D: "....and the disappointment....Oh, you shouldn't have done, you couldn't have done, you wouldn't have done the things you did then...."

Which arch do you walk through?

Steven.

0

"Well, bye. Oh, I didn't catch your name." you say. "Yes, well thats the thing. You can't put a name to a face somthimes, ha ha!" he chuckles. You shrug and walk through the door marked "I can't understand myself any more....".

EXPERIENCE POINTS GAINED: 50 (TOTAL 50).

As soon as you're through the door you notice the air in the tunnel is cold and you're breath is showing up as steam. Regularly spaced torches along the left wall provide a dim illumination. As you walk nervously down the (5 foot wide) tunnel you notice there are some mirrors on the left wall up ahead, stretching into the darkness. However, as you get near to them you notice yourself becoming invisible. The closer you get the fainter you become. You stop and consider going back, but you've seen enough films to know that won't save you.

As you reach the first mirror you're completely transparent directly but can see yourself clearly in the mirror. Hmmm, no big deal you think. You pass by and approach the next mirror. What you see in it is yourself....with your left arm missing :!: . Obviously there's a lot of blood spraying out of the hole and you scream in horror and grasp your....arm? You can feel your arm is still there and intact. You turn away from the mirror, "It's just an illusion, keep it together now" you can hear your thoughts saying behind your hammering heart.

A few seconds later the walls turn into seamless mirror. Every line of sight through them ends in a different image of your gruesome death at the hands of some invisible dismembering force. What do you do next?

A: Run forwards down the tunnel.
B: Close your eyes and reassure yourself this is an illusion.
C: Kick the mirrored wall as hard as you can, in an attempt to break it.

Steven.

0

Result:

When you open your eyes again it feels like a inordinately long span of time has passed, almost as long as it was since the last post in this thread. You find yourself in a place of seemlingly complete whiteness. You can`t even see the ground you`re standing on, as it`s no less white than everything else you`re looking at. Then, you turn around and notice a cuboid shaped grey stone building with a wooden door in it about 10 metres away.

Almost immediately, the door opens and a woman in a red dress with dark hair walks calmly out of it towards you. She has a slight smile on her face, which helps to mitigate your initial apprehension. "Traveller, you are well come. I am Kana, the Guardian of the Exit.". You notice that there is something subtley odd about her face, as if it contains the influences of too many ethnic groups to be possible. Nevertheless, you think she`s pretty cute.

"Nice to meet you," you say awkwardly. "Indeed and the same back." she smiles pleasantly. "I can offer you two choices. You may either leave hell now or stay forever. I caution you though, if you leave you will never be able to return.". How do you answer?

A: I`ll leave now, thanks.
B: Actually, I think I`d like to stay.
C: I think I`ll stay. Err, by the way, are you busy tonight?

Steven.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.