I am taking an online intro to programming class, I'm new to this so I was wondering where I could get some help in trying to understand the basics of programming.
here is an example of a problem that I just cant get:

A pet store owner needs a weekly sales report. The output consists of a printed report titled PET SALES, with column headings TYPE OF ANIMAL and PRICE. Fields printed on output are: type of animal and price. After all records for print, a folder line END OF REPORT prints. The input file description is shown below.

File name: PETS
FIELD DESCRIPTION
Type ofAnimal
Price of Animal

DATA TYPE
Character
Numeric

COMMENTS
20 Characters
2 decimal places

I have to write the pseudocode for this program.

I just don't where to even begin with this if anyone can help me I appreciate it.

I am taking an online intro to programming class, I'm new to this so I was wondering where I could get some help in trying to understand the basics of programming.
here is an example of a problem that I just cant get:

A pet store owner needs a weekly sales report. The output consists of a printed report titled PET SALES, with column headings TYPE OF ANIMAL and PRICE. Fields printed on output are: type of animal and price. After all records for print, a folder line END OF REPORT prints. The input file description is shown below.

File name: PETS
FIELD DESCRIPTION
Type ofAnimal
Price of Animal

DATA TYPE
Character
Numeric

COMMENTS
20 Characters
2 decimal places

I have to write the pseudocode for this program.

I just don't where to even begin with this if anyone can help me I appreciate it.

I am going to come up with what I think it should be on Thursday if anyone could tell me if Im at least going in the right direction I would appreciate it.:cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.