Hey all,

Just a quick note to let you guys know that I've been made Moderator of the Techtalk/Windows, Hardware and the Geek's Lounge section. This is a great opportunity and I'm glad that the work I've put in so far has been noticed by the other mods and Admins.

Once again, thanks DaniWeb team. Any suggestions/tips will be most welcome.

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

Congratulations and happy modding!

Oh noes, authority!

:rabble, rabble, rabble:

Congrats!

Congrats GoldEagle :mrgreen:

Well done. I'm sure the other mods will appreciate your work as a mod.

One guy gets to be mod... then we'll all feel like being mods...

IT WILL BE ANARCHY!

Sheesh! Talk about blowing your own horn...

:mrgreen:

Welcome to the team my friend :)

Well well Deserved :)

Congrats @---}-- :cheesy:

Sheesh! Talk about blowing your own horn...

...and a big, HUGE horn at that:)

<Kenneth Williams mode on> Ooooh, stop messing about </Kenneth Williams mode off>

Congrats...
I used to mod at a few places...
I found it turned into more work that it was worth because it took too much time away from family.

Congrats...
I used to mod at a few places...
I found it turned into more work that it was worth because it took too much time away from family.

I am curently a mod a pretty large web site. I can understnd what you are talking about.

Moderating is a very hard job. You have to hold yourself to a higher standard than the other posters, yet seems like you will get teh majority of the attacks.

Congrads, and good luck to you. Although I will say that this comunity seems to be al ot friendlier than many, so it will probably be a very good experience.

congrats on the new position :)

how do you become a mod?
there should be like tryouts, id be interested

how do you become a mod?

It is basically a popularity contest. The super mod comes up with your name in the MOD forum, other mods voice their thoughts regarding your work and attitude and many other things. If you earn a majority, you are in. So keep posting and wait for the time when vacancies arrive:mrgreen:

hmmm

It is basically a popularity contest. The super mod comes up with your name in the MOD forum, other mods voice their thoughts regarding your work and attitude and many other things. If you earn a majority, you are in. So keep posting and wait for the time when vacancies arrive:mrgreen:

Also, you have to bribe the Super Mods big time. That's the only way they even consider you...either that or I've been ripped. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Also, you have to bribe the Super Mods big time. That's the only way they even consider you...either that or I've been ripped.

lol good one mate.

Thanks for the fine wine goldeagle2005!
Didn't have a glass small enough to put it in!

how do you become a mod?

A serious response, if I may:

There are mod tryouts, they are called 'all your postings since you joined up' and are ever ongoing.

We actually do keep an eye on members who are helpful, knowledgeable, hard working, friendly, stick to the rules yada yada yada. When someone catches our eye in a forum or category that is not already over subscribed with mods, we pounce with an invite following the in-house debate for suitability.

Obviously it is important for existing mods to discuss such things as we work very much as a team and the new mod has to be able to fit in.

Hope that answers the question.

Oh, and we are keeping an eye on you! :)

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Oh, and we are keeping an eye on you! :)

Till now i thought boss, teachers and parents keeps an eye on us;):mrgreen:. But the world is really big and have got more than we have imagined:rolleyes:.

Thats' just a little inspiration to keep you posting.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Thats' just a little inspiration to keep you posting.

Actually we dont need inspiration:), sorry i am not being rude, i didnt found words to explain what i want to say. i post because i love posting....it's my favorite activity during my freetime and holidays and being a mod is not goal, afterall mods and other users do the samething HELP OTHERS. You can say we are member of parliament and mods are Cabinet Ministers, PrimeMinister, President whatever.

what is this MR-green stuff?
what does it mean

what is this MR-green stuff?
what does it mean

Huh.. what you talking about ?
Who / where is Mr. Green ?

Ohhhhh i wondered why laods of threads said mrgreen with a colon at each end, turns out its the bbcode for this smiley here -> :mrgreen: . for some reason i just see the text not the smiley when im on my PDA

Hehe funny...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.