I think everybody hate when his phone/mobile ring, you pick up and hear that you just won some kind of Grand Price.

Well just take the link below to "have one" on phone sale people

LINK

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hahaha that's goood. :mrgreen:

So nice to have mobile numbers delisted here by default :)
But yah, at times I get several teleterrorists per day.
I usually put the phone down without hanging up, letting them talk and talk and talk, and listen every few minutes if they're still there.
Longest I've held one occupied like that was something like 10 minutes :)

Longest I've prevented one from terrorising someone else was over half an hour. Was some girl trying to sell me "green" electricity (all about the environment you know?). In the end I'd convinced her to switch to nuclear instead (which is after all better for the environment than most other things).

I can't believe that guy actually believed him. I think those guys must get pranked every hour or so :S.

They probably do, but most are extreme nitwits who won't even notice it.
There's 2 groups of people (generally) taking such jobs: those who can't hold any other job because they're too stupid and students trying to make a bit of money on the side.
Most students hate them just as much as we do though and won't touch such jobs, preferring to work in callcenters.

A buddy of mine turned me on to Tom's CD. He's got one where the caller is trying to sell him a cemetary plot, and Tom takes the call as a sign he should commit suicide. It's a real scream! Tom decides to buy a plot and want's it on credit. The telemarketer says maybe he should pay cash, considering...

I think this one posted here is almost as good.

Glad I'm only receiving those kinds thru SMS

God, last time I told them my parents were on a safari. They would, of course, ask if I knew "when would be a better time to reach them?" I told them "I really don't know whether they'll be back; you know, with safaris these days..."

My father, around the time he retired, got called by some kid trying to sell him overpriced pension plans (you know the kind).
After talking for something like 15 minutes (to prevent the kid from bothering others) he told her he'd been working and saving up for 40 years and was now going to spend it all.
She was silent...

I think everybody hate when his phone/mobile ring, you pick up and hear that you just won some kind of Grand Price.

That really makes be glad I do not own a cell phone:mrgreen: I get enough commercials from TV, radio and spam e-mail. I don't have to put up with spam cell-phone calls. And I think I heard YOU, the victim, have to pay for those calls.:eek:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.