Good day you all

i am newby benobi1

let me tell you about myself..... (sorry but myu typing sucks)
i have been working on computers for about 20 yers...

from the first xt's at' that came out here in south africa

everything i know... is self tought... so all my friends think i am very clever...

i have joined daniweb.... because i am not clever.... and need some help from the experts!!!!!

Please Help!!!!!!!!!

Ben

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi Ben, welcome to DaniWeb! Hey, after 20 years working on computers you would have thought your typing would be brilliant by now though :)

Hi Ben, welcome to DaniWeb! Hey, after 20 years working on computers you would have thought your typing would be brilliant by now though :)

it has: i started with one finger now i'm using 5:
he he he he:mrgreen:

Beats me, I am still a two finger typist despite being a professional writer for the best part of 20 years. Mind you, I can keep up with most trained secretary typists when it comes to words per minute :)

i never learnt how to type properly

i was born in 1990 and got started with DOS and 3.11 age like 3 so maybe thats why (rememer KidPIX? its a great DOS program)

one day when i was like 14 i suddenly noticed i was typing real fast without looking.

Games ive found is good practice, if you get to know from shooting games wghere the W,S,A,D . Space, Control and R keys are yoir set for remembering the rest

(but if you evrer ask me to remember the order of the letters i wont know, its just instinct)

that is the best place to start
i know more about windows than other people do around me, 'cause i started with dos, i never learned to do commands and stuff but all basic things, copy save ext. ext. comes naturaly now

i also know in witch area the key is but have to look just to make sure i type a in stead of s
what keyboard are you guys using qwerty or the other one?????

:?: :)

Benobi 1 kenobi

i am using a UK QWERTY keyboard
(British-English to windows or EN-GB if you use linux)

i dont like the US ones, the enter key is too small.

You know, when someone says 'I was born in 1990' I just feel so ancient!

You telling me, the 70' was long time ago

He he he he:cheesy:

but they say you are as old as the woman you feel........
I'm Feelin' pretty young!!!!

he he he :cheesy: :twisted:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.