what is it supposed to do? I pressed it and it seems to do nothing except highlight the button.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

If it works like those on other forums I have been to, you press the multi-quote button for each post you want to quote then you press the Advanced Reply button and each post which you have multi-quoted (ie each which has the button highlighted) will be automatically quoted in your reply.

what is it supposed to do? I pressed it and it seems to do nothing except highlight the button.

If it works like those on other forums I have been to, you press the multi-quote button for each post you want to quote then you press the Advanced Reply button and each post which you have multi-quoted (ie each which has the button highlighted) will be automatically quoted in your reply.

It gives you this.

Only when you want to reply to a post which has quoted some other post, the button gets used.

Like:

I wonder what the button does

It does exactly what i said right now

Now try to multi quote my post and it will happen

Hope it helped, bye.

Only when you want to reply to a post which has quoted some other post, the button gets used.

Like:

Now try to multi quote my post and it will happen

Hope it helped, bye.

No. What you are explaining is nested quotes. The explaination below is the correct one.

It gives you this.

But how to use it ?

But how to use it ?

I think Ryan's reply is fairly explainatory. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bah.. silly me.

Thanks Wolfie :D

theres another thread (recent) where dani explains this by the way

Yes I know, the one started by Vishesh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.