Call to technical support:

Caller: Hi, our printer is not working.
Customer Service: What is wrong with it?
Caller: Mouse is jammed.
Customer Service: Mouse? And how it is related to printer?
Caller: Mmmm.. Wait, I will send a picture

Now take a look at the attached file and tell me it didn't make you laugh

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

LOL.. wow man, where did you get hold of this pic.

Hey wait...dont tell me its your printer..:D

Naah, it's not my printer. Some poor schmuck using his printer as a rat trap, I suppose

well, a lot of application manuals tell you something like "click with the mouse on the printer to print".
Someone's bound to take that literally :)

I remember getting that picture emailed to me, and enjoyed it immensly. The printer was probably nice and warm so the mouse tryed to make a nest inside it...

my friend had a cat living in his computer - no im not joking
it was one of those huge old hp servers (prosignia?) the ones that are like crates cos they have like 12 drive bays

anyway.. this cat managed to get in through a hole (where one of the backup PSUs had been removed) and anyway one day he wondered why the hell his network wastnt working and this cat had chewed throug hthe ribbon cables

well, a lot of application manuals tell you something like "click with the mouse on the printer to print".
Someone's bound to take that literally :)

They said 'ON' the printer, right? Not 'IN' the printer. hehehehe:mrgreen:

Here in the English countryside, we get insects known as 'thrips' during harvesting time. The things are tiny, 1mm or so, little black specs.

Trouble is they are so small that they get everywhere, including inside the LCD screens of our laptops, and desktops for that matter. Damn annoying when you don't suffer from dead pixels bu live ones instead, that wander all over the darn screen.

They die quickly enough, but then it depends where they die and where they stick...

ive never seen one but then again im a city boy

I had never heard of them until I left the confines of Sarf Lunnon (South London for the uninitiated) for South Yorkshire.

Now I wish I had never heard of them.

The things are also called harvest bugs by some, and wrongly thunderbugs by others.

So what do you do if a bug gets caught in the LCD screen?

Not a lot you can do. In most cases it drops to the bottom and rots away without leaving any trace. The things are miniscule after all.

I've not had any cause permanent damage as of yet.

Im glad you dont squish the darn thing. Talk about phosphor burn on an LCD.

(I'm sorry. real lame one there)

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Once a mouse went into my printer and bite everything and was trapped there and damn my printer was dead with that mouse. I hardly use my printer so I discovered that when rotten smell was coming out of it. It took me no time to throw that printer.

I still belive that the greatest damage to the hardware can be caused by "trial and error" method. (learned it a hard way)

i learnt the hard way too

NEVER POWER UP A PSU THATS NOT ATTATCHED TO A MOTHERBOARD! -BOOOOOOOOM-

And if you take out the BIOS chip, put it back the RIGHT way. Not the other -permanently dead mobo-

yeah also NEVER when your wiring the mobo, get the P(whatver number) power connectors wrong -P1 must be Mobo!

Me too. I remember when I forst got my Win98 computer. I used to access the Windows folder and never paid heed to the warning. When it said that a particular file is a system file and should not be deleted, I used to delete it to see what happens. End result? Rendered the system unbootable 6 times in the first month itself. But I sure as hell learned a lot....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.