May I ask, what is more powerful. A colleague or a moderator? And what other levels are there? I've seen a marsupial moderator as well.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Now that you mention it...I'm kind of curious too...
* colleague - colleague of admin?
* moderator - person in charge of one or more forum topics
* marsupial moderator - mammal? alien? person in charge of one or more forum topics?

I'm really curious about that 'Marsupial Moderator' thing too.

you see, I'm from Aus, and his location says he's from CA, so I'm a bit puzzled.

He can't be a possum 'cause he'd have to be an opossum, and that just don't flow off the tongue the right way. Got me beat, for sure! :D
There's also this thing called a 'Super Moderator', but I don't reckon we must have any of those, because if we did we wouldn't have that terrible 'laughing' smilie now, would we? We'd have a better one for sure!

Let me know if the truth of it all ever comes out now, won't you? :lol:

I don't think I've seen super moderators on these forums. I will keep you in the loop, I'm really interested in all this.

Tekmaven is, isn't he?

Haha....sounds like some just got an ego rub!

I am not sure either, although I am a proud member of one of the types you mentioned! :o

<bowing to the humble Goddess of Daniweb & Techtalk forums> :p

:cool:

so then no-one knows...? Except Dani (I'm assuming she knows, she's kinda the owner of this site)

May I ask, what is more powerful. A colleague or a moderator? And what other levels are there? I've seen a marsupial moderator as well.

A moderator is more powerful. Colleagues have access to a forum called "Community Helpers" where they can contribute ideas to make the forum better. They can share thoughts and talk among other colleagues, all levels of moderators, and the Admin (Dani). A Colleague can't modify posts though. Moderators can. Also, this colleague forum is invisible to regular users.

Moderators have control over certain forums. Super Moderators can control any forum. By "controlling" I mean deleting, moving, editing posts, banning, warning, etc. Their power is still controlled by the Admin though. The Admin, of course, has ultimate control of managing the entire forum, its options, users, database information, etc.

These were the rules before I left the forum I don't know if they have changed since I came back.

Well well well.... Learn something new everyday.

Thanks Inscissor. Certainly clear things up for my understanding!

nice, that issue never came up to me. It's really nice to know something new... :)

No problem buds. Glad I could help. Now I have to get to work on a new avatar and sig. My account here is currently digitally naked.

Hey guys. I'm sorry for not replying to this thread sooner. I typed up a reply a few days ago, but I think I must have gotten sidetracked and never clicked the submit button. Duh. In any case, inscissor is completely correct. So, yeah, that's it :)

Just to clarrify about the Marsupial Moderator, colleagues as well as moderators have access to custom user titles, where they can enter whatever they want in that spot.

hahahahahahaaaa!!

I'm still curious about where that 'Marsupial moderator' tag was dreamt up from. Until I find out, I'm really unsure whether he's a Rabbit-eared Bandicoot, a Hairy-nosed Wombat or a Fat-tailed Dunnart!

:D

[img]http://teatreehollow.com/gallery/Oz_Animals/Bilby_or_Rabbit-eared_Bandicoot.jpg[/img]

If you notice, his avatar's a wombat. I suspect that he uses his marsupial pouch to snatch up bad forum members and nurse them into becoming good ones... ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.