I came across some interesting site dealing with this...

Very interesting indeed!!

http://astrocenter.astrology.msn.com/msn/DreamDictionary.aspx?GT1=5809

http://www.radicaldreaming.com

http://www.dreammoods.com

Dreams mean things,they talk to us!!! (We just gotta understand them)

Recommended Answers

All 50 Replies

Dreams seem to be about a few fundamental themes only:

• Conflict resolution
  • Family heirarcheal issues
  • Sexual dynamics and status
  • Food; gluttony and\ or famine
  • Abstract imagery (filler material, essentially)
  • * A means for revelation from God

It goes without saying, dreaming, IMO, is simply the brains mechanism to process unresolved data. It is sort of a "defrag" for the mind: the ordering of the various, seemingly random pieces we absorb on a daily basis. It is quite amazing, that is, the Universe's most complex, organic computer (and ever-evolving!) :cheesy:

I took a psych course a very long time ago where the professor was saying that we dream many, many different times every night, with each dream only lasting a couple of minutes, and we only remember the dreams that are significant to us.

All my dreams are in black and white... Do any of you dream in colour?

Q: Why did the man wear his glases to bed at night?

A: So he could see his dreams in technicolor :mrgreen:

Same here, all in black and white. And what more, the dreams are hazy, cant see them very clearly.. :cheesy:

I dream in color most of the time (well, at least sections of many dreams are higlighted fully in color. My girlfriend also dreams in color) There must be a valid reason why researchers say we "only" dream in black-and-white-- but, no, it not true en total. I do not think color dreaming -vs- black-and-white is significant either way one looks at it or "dreams" of it.

This morning (I only got about 2.5 hours sleep) I dreamt of coding. It went like this, panicked:

"Where is the '}', where is the closing '}'? Now, where is that 'if-- where is the damned 'if' !?."

Instead of on a comp screen, my compiler was displaying on a newspaper, and as I flipped each page I could view each cpp, header, etc. I never found the "}" or the damned "if". :rolleyes:

"Where is the '}', where is the closing '}'? Now, where is that 'if-- where is the damned 'if' !?."

Instead of on a comp screen, my compiler was displaying on a newspaper, and as I flipped each page I could view each cpp, header, etc. I never found the "}" or the damned "if". :rolleyes:

Whoa that sure is some dreams,..:mrgreen:

Damn when I come to think of it, I dont even remember what I dream..

I dreamt of coding.

Remember seeing in a previous post that you dreamt of daniweb also.:confused:

Are you sure that you have a girlfriend? It is more likely to be a hallucination of Dani. :P:eek:

I dont even remember what I dream..

I just woke up from a dream in which I was tied to a chair of an Art Review. (Not joking).:eek:. Care to intepret that?

Are you sure that you have a girlfriend? It is more likely to be a hallucination of Dani.

Perhaps DaniWeb is a hallucination from my girlfiend :surprised;)

Maybe I just hallucinate :-|:)

Same here, all in black and white. And what more, the dreams are hazy, cant see them very clearly.. :cheesy:

Wear your glasses to bed then. :rolleyes:

I've heard if you dream in color you're insane. Says a lot about the people here. If you only dream in black and white, you should be banned!!!:twisted:

Wear your glasses to bed then. :rolleyes:

I have a perfect hawk eyed vision :D

I've heard if you dream in color you're insane. Says a lot about the people here. If you only dream in black and white, you should be banned!!!:twisted:

...which I already am. ( my title says it all )

PS: BTW Mr. WaltP you have an excellent and awesome avatar there, unparalled. Kudos to the one who made it ( dont tell me it was you :eek:)

I have a perfect hawk eyed vision

PS: BTW Mr. WaltP you have an excellent and awesome avatar there, unparalled. Kudos to the one who made it ( dont tell me it was you )

~s.o.s~:

Your vision must be very keen indeed; as you pointed out WaltP's avatar-- how many times have I seen it now and never even noticed the words Master Einstein is writing? :o

Very Nice Avatar :cheesy:

Interesting...

I wonder why some ppl dream in Black and white?? Is it cause thier subconcious mind doesnt know color??

Your vision must be very keen indeed;

Thank you. :cheesy:

I wonder why some ppl dream in Black and white?? Is it cause thier subconcious mind doesnt know color??

Naa mine and Wolfpack's subconcious minds are just color blind. :cheesy:

Ah man!!

th black and white thing is odd really

my dads friend had a heart transplant and now he dreams in back and white

I have a perfect hawk eyed vision :D

But not in your deams -- you need some dream-specs...

PS: BTW Mr. WaltP you have an excellent and awesome avatar there, unparalled. Kudos to the one who made it ( dont tell me it was you :eek:)

OK, I won't. But it only too a couple minutes. I got the picture here. Click on one of the "dynamic images" on the left. It's really kool!

th black and white thing is odd really

Sounds like he got a bum tuner -- er ticker...

Ah that explains it. I had a change of heart too.

Now that we are talking about icons, don't you like Dragon's old avatar better? The current one is too cute for a dragon.

Yeah it must really be confusing the newbies..

They must be thinking that the person with I think Bam Bam as an avatar would be a 12 year old kid and then would get shocked seeing that this 12 year kid was a moderator...:eek:

BTW Mr. Dragon, your second avatar, the Dragon revamped was much better, it suited you more. :cheesy:

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

I dont remember my dream at all, but I feel good, i dont know why even though i dont remember them, after i wake up. The dreams i remember are those i see in dawn and when i am near the climax of the dream, my father, mother or alarm wakes me up and it really makes me sad.

From where u got this...

I got it from here.

thanx WolfPack i find em all interesting

I agree

He must get something like mine, something really cool:mrgreen:....although i'll change my avatar soon.
From where u got this...

I had an avatar for a couple hours that looked like a very evil dragon -- but I don't want to be known as someone who is evil, so looked for something a lot more suitable for this forum. After searching the web for a couple hours I decided BamBam seemed appropriate. He doesn't look like a dragon, thats true, but he has one as a pet:)

BTW Mr. Dragon, your second avatar, the Dragon revamped was much better, it suited you more. :cheesy:

You mean you liked that evil dragon? I don't think it suits me at all. I may be cranky and absent-minded at times, but never evil.

They must be thinking that the person with I think Bam Bam as an avatar would be a 12 year old kid and then would get shocked seeing that this 12 year kid was a moderator.

Wait til they read my profile and find out hold young I really am :eek:

looked like a very evil dragon

Hey, not all dragons are evils. Haven't you ever you see AMERICAN DRAGON in Disney. He isn't evil at all, he's good too. Neither aby member of his family is evil.

Also this avatar doesn't make you ancient at all:mrgreen:

http://psc.disney.go.com/disneychannel/americandragon/index.html
Also

Quote:

They must be thinking that the person with I think Bam Bam as an avatar would be a 12 year old kid and then would get shocked seeing that this 12 year kid was a moderator.

Wait til they read my profile and find out hold young I really am :eek:

Also in most cases first impression is last impression.

Ok, I changed it again. Better ???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.