I stick with firefox even though it's memory leaks drive me nuts. But the restore session is nice so when firefox does crash I can pick up where I left off.

> MS and Yahoo put their paid ads within the search results so there is no distinction

GOTO.com (later renamed to Overture) used to do this. Once they were bought out by Yahoo!, they stopped and took on a structure similar to Google. I don't use MSN so I cannot be 100% sure but I don't believe they do this either.

I just did a Yahoo search on "alzheimer's" - the top position was a sponsored result and there were 'sponsor results' threaded throughout. I find it difficult to understand the positioning of the 'sponsor results' flag that is off to the right - is it in reference only to the nearest entry or the following entry, or the following entries.

All-in-all, I just end up suspicious.

When I find sites that manage to hijack google searches, I can report it and will get a reply within a couple of days and they seem to tweak their algorithms and that sort of thing does no recur.

Personal preference, I guess.

I stick with firefox even though it's memory leaks drive me nuts. But the restore session is nice so when firefox does crash I can pick up where I left off.

w00t,w00t!
Yes, I don't bother to close my FF sessions when I shut down so I always come back to where I was - I have a thread that I started 4 days ago that comes back up in the middle of my edit. With a couple of clicks, I can figure out what the heck it was I talking about and back up to speed.

I like IE7 but it has major memory issues - if i have more than 40 tabs open , even with 3gb ram, it lags and crashes.

I like IE7 but it has major memory issues - if i have more than 40 tabs open , even with 3gb ram, it lags and crashes.

If you're feeling adventurous, you might try IE8b1 out. Of course, it's still a beta, but I heard they put a lot more effort into performance. b1 performs much better than IE7, and it's still not optimized (that doesn't happen till the final launch usually).

Why would you have 40 tabs open in the first place?

daniweb. i open all the threads i need to reply to, then systematically answer them

And to think all this time I have been replying to threads in an Ad-hoc manner. ;-)

I don't like what the last IE upgrade did to Windows.

It changed all of the icons in My Documents so they look like little documents, with the original icon shrunk down so tiny that you can't tell which icon is which. It also fixed things so you can't change the icons back.

I don't like what the last IE upgrade did to Windows.

It changed all of the icons in My Documents so they look like little documents, with the original icon shrunk down so tiny that you can't tell which icon is which. It also fixed things so you can't change the icons back.

Funny, I didn't think IE had anything to do with My Documents anymore...

depends which version you have

IE has been un-integrated with the explorer shell since windows xp (due to the EU antitrust ruling)

I can't enjoy surfing without adblock plus.

Some webmasters get pissed off:icon_evil:

I would rather you use an ad blocker. If you're not going to be interested in any of the ads, I'd rather you not drive down the clickthru rate.

I would rather you use an ad blocker. If you're not going to be interested in any of the ads, I'd rather you not drive down the clickthru rate.

Oooh, this implies that you can tell whether or not ads are loaded - I had not considered that! How is that done?

It's an HTTP request to the adserver. Ad blockers prevent that request from being made.

<<dope slap>> Of course - thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.