Hi all,

Just wonedering how many other girls are here? I know traditionally the IT industry has been male dominated and probably still is. It's cool to see more women taking an interest in areas other than what we have long been stereotyped for. Yes, we can do more than change diapers ha! Sometimes we have to do it on grown men, if you know what I mean. So, any other females here besides myself and Dani :?:

Recommended Answers

All 157 Replies

i know theres at least 5 here
(im not one, im a guy)

I almost thought I got ya on this one until the last sentence where you said "and Dani" :)

I know for a fact that there's this "eternally confuzzled" woman here, Narue. And yes, she's very, very smart.

Hey Joe, cool Avatar you have. Are you a fan of Lost in Space? But of course Dani darling how could I forget you, you're the only other female I know on this board. C'mon now, you mean to tell me that out of the "thousands of guys here" there are only a handful of us girls. Now I'm starting to feel "confuzzled".......Justine

Hmm...I was gonna mention Narue...but that was already mentioned. :)

Another mod we have here, Nanosani, is also female, I believe.

Hey Joe, cool Avatar you have. Are you a fan of Lost in Space?

...no. My avatar is from Mac OS X's Automator icon...

Hmm...I was gonna mention Narue...but that was already mentioned. :)

Another mod we have here, Nanosani, is also female, I believe.

I don't think so?

I don't think so?

i know its wierd but my cousin (shes female) always makes herself male when shes setting up profiles for forums as it means she gets chatted up less by desperate guys

I am a female -_-

i know its wierd but my cousin (shes female) always makes herself male when shes setting up profiles for forums as it means she gets chatted up less by desperate guys

Usually it's the other way around because when the guys need help they pretend to be girls on support forums and they get quicker, nicer, and much more helpful replies. No one wants to tell that sweet young lady to RTFM.

I've believed I was desperate at times, but I see now I wasn't that bad on the scale of things.

Steven.

Hi all,

Just wonedering how many other girls are here?

I think there are a lot, but not many of them are core or regular members so you wont get to see many around here..but yeah if you stick around for some time you can find many of them here..

Usually it's the other way around because when the guys need help they pretend to be girls on support forums and they get quicker, nicer, and much more helpful replies. No one wants to tell that sweet young lady to RTFM.

I say that to one person a lot :lol:

I like that last idea, Dani. Time to update my profile here on DaniWeb.

....did I just say that out loud?

....did I just say that out loud?

*sigh* you busted my chance of getting Vista from Blud by saying out something loud and now this...:mrgreen:

Your chances? Dude, I was sucking up to him first. You get your own blood.

Sounds very gory, I know...

are there many female IT geeks?
Most of the ones ive seen are male.

Yeah it's time for a change...watch out guys we're coming aboard. Afterall, what guy wouldn't like a smart woman to play video games with hee hee......Justine

Yeah...even we waiting for that kind of change for long..
and all we have got is Miss Dani :D

>So, any other females here besides myself and Dani
I'm having trouble deciding how to categorize your motivation in asking that. I've settled on one of these three:

1) You couldn't think of anything better to talk about.
2) You're trolling by subtly bringing up a topic that will divide people.
3) You delight in reminding everyone of past prejudices despite their irrelevance.

Yeah it's time for a change...watch out guys we're coming aboard. Afterall, what guy wouldn't like a smart woman to play video games with hee hee......Justine

I'll be more than happy to challenge you to a game of Half Lafe 2 or Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Atta Girls!! I told my daughter and her friends about the site ... she's one of two girls in the audio/video computer program at her school. She's where I goto when I stumped .... DIT - Daddy's IT

>So, any other females here besides myself and Dani
I'm having trouble deciding how to categorize your motivation in asking that. I've settled on one of these three:

1) You couldn't think of anything better to talk about.
2) You're trolling by subtly bringing up a topic that will divide people.
3) You delight in reminding everyone of past prejudices despite their irrelevance.

Or my favorite
4) How many females are in this male-dominated field, and is it time to make plans to crush the opposition?

Or my favorite
4) How many females are in this male-dominated field, and is it time to make plans to crush the opposition?

Or...
5) You are a guy looking for single girls near your residence area:twisted:

WOW....thanks for the warm welcome. Some of you sound pathetically ignorant and immature. I asked a simple question, contributing to the spirit of the board in getting to know people. I'm a woman who was interested in seeing how many other women, like myself are in to computers. I didn't ask for psychoanalysis or to be judged. I can care less what you think as you don't know me and you're opinion means very little...Those who have manners here thanks.......Justine

commented: You're way too worked up. Calm down. +0

I am a free spirit, loving and caring. I have no interest in dividing anyone, that's YOUR personal mental problem and your scewed opinion. If a strong woman frightens/challenges you, then take your meds and go to bed. I'm sure there are many fun guys here and won't let a few ignorant people taint the rest.....Justine

Calm down - we don't mean to be mean. We all just have different senses of humor ... some more blunt *ahem* or sarcastic *cough Narue cough* than others. But don't take it to heart please.

Hi all,

Just wonedering how many other girls are here? I know traditionally the IT industry has been male dominated and probably still is. It's cool to see more women taking an interest in areas other than what we have long been stereotyped for. Yes, we can do more than change diapers ha! Sometimes we have to do it on grown men, if you know what I mean. So, any other females here besides myself and Dani :?:

I can't change nappies! :P I'm female but I don't work in the IT industry. I did do computer science in a science foundation equivalent to A levels and was the only girl in the unit and also the only one that bothered to work. Coincidence? I think not. ;) :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.