Assuming that you are not one of those school kids but a responsible adult, I would say only one thing to end my part here:

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

Hope you understand....

Thank you.

Yes, I agree that there should be more equality but we don't live in a fair and just world. It's not a rose garden, so you have to fight and struggle for change. I would like to see more women entering more fields that are traditionally male. It's not about competition..just affording people greater opportunities to live their dreams.....Justine

I am a responsible adult, there isn't a mean bone in my body and I haven't provoked nor misrepresented anyone. I agree with your eye for an eye quote. Not looking to stab anyone's eye but I will protect my eyes. Hope you understand that metaphor......Justine

I am a responsible adult, there isn't a mean bone in my body and I haven't provoked nor misrepresented anyone. I agree with your eye for an eye quote. Not looking to stab anyone's eye but I will protect my eyes.

Oh come one, I wasn't talking about you being mean, its just that school kids would not have understood the gravity of the quote which I was about to say...

Hope you understand that metaphor......Justine

Yes I understand -- you have your own reasons..

It was nice talking to you, take care....

If you re-read your last post, it states "assuming that you are not a school kid but a responsible adult" which was directly posted after my post defending my position against the ignorant. If you meant something else, than I will be the first to apologize to you.

In my post I stated that "adults" should have some manners and think before they sepak. Then your comment followed, "assuming you are not a school kid" That sounds like it's directed to me. So I explained my position. Your post came across accusing me of being child when I haven't provoked anyone. Sorry...if I misunderstood you but that's how it sounds....Justine

I would like to get to know you....You haven't been ignorant and I enjoy your posting. I just need to clarify what I see....Justine

If you re-read your last post, it states "assuming that you are not a school kid but a responsible adult" which was directly posted after my post defending my position against the ignorant. If you meant something else, than I will be the first to apologize to you.

In my post I stated that "adults" should have some manners and think before they sepak. Then your comment followed, "assuming you are not a school kid" That sounds like it's directed to me. So I explained my position. Your post came across accusing me of being child when I haven't provoked anyone. Sorry...if I misunderstood you but that's how it sounds....Justine

I can very easily clarify the situation here:
You posted your reply while I was replying for your previous, so it gave you the impression that my remarks were directed at you. Blame the time gap :D

My post: 11:37 pm
Your post: 11:38 pm

It was nice talking to you..Hope your ideas inspire females from this thread........

That's incorrect my post was #60 posted at 12:53pm Your post was#61 posted 1:07pm (14 minute time gap) Thus I replied to your
#61 post.........Don't know where you came up with your time info.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

That's incorrect my post was #60 posted at 12:53pm Your post was#61 posted 1:07pm (14 minute time gap) Thus I replied to your

I think SOS still uses a sundial for his time keeping. :lol:

I think SOS still uses a sundial for his time keeping. :lol:

:mrgreen: (all meant as a joke, SOS)

Well said purple rainx.. and well written ..I Like It. The elders used to say "A'ole Pilikia" That means no problems or just shine it on ... it's said that you only give trouble or trouble makers three minutes of your time and either go play outside(fish, surf, or enjoy the outdoors) or do something positive. The sun is out it's not to cold ... My work's aall done. I think i'll put my wetsuit on and go surfin' (Not Mavericks ... I think I'll go catch some waves at Santa Cruz or Capitola. I'd invite you surfin' but your probably still working .. I started my day a 5 am so its quitting time...

I do not work in the IT industry as such, but my job is like this, sector male dominated.
I do find my IT knowledge :?: very useful in my job as everything..apart from the hard graft:rolleyes: is done on computers now.

A lot of times people leave the thread page open for awhile before they type up a reply in the Quick Reply box. So just because a post was made before isn't a guarantee it was seen.

I don't see how that makes sense since he "confirmed his post" #61 as being accurate in post #67....so obviously he saw what he posted as he just confirmed it........Anyhow, no biggie we all make mistakes.
I hold no grudges and have my own flaws :)

I think SOS still uses a sundial for his time keeping.

Naa...I still look at the position of the sun in the sky to know of the time, and so am completely lost at night.....:twisted:

(all meant as a joke, SOS)

Wish everyone were normal like you and didn't suffer from sarcastocommenta disease. :cheesy:

I don't see how that makes sense since he "confirmed his post" #61 as being accurate in post #67....so obviously he saw what he posted as he just confirmed it........Anyhow, no biggie we all make mistakes.

Hello.

In case you have not noticed, I am non-English, so it sometimes happens that I fail to convey myself properly.

I admit making the post but not in the sense you think.

Thank you.

I have just had the chance to read this entire set of posts and I had to respond to at least an area of what I have read so far; I will attempt to piece together what I see to be relative, although, my response will be unable to address many of the specifics:

I'm having trouble deciding how to categorize your motivation in asking that. I've settled on one of these three:

1) You couldn't think of anything better to talk about.
2) You're trolling by subtly bringing up a topic that will divide people.
3) You delight in reminding everyone of past prejudices despite their irrelevance.

This initial response to purple rainx appears to be rationalized by the following quote, although true in the scope of human interaction and society, it remains unfortunate that these types of personality extremes are accepted and in many cases promoted:

"Calm down - we don't mean to be mean. We all just have different senses of humor ... some more blunt *ahem* or sarcastic *cough Narue cough* than others. But don't take it to heart please."

I find Naurue's 3-point comment above to be at the least demeaning and I would think easily offensive to anyone it might have been directed towards. Yes, this may well be deemed "sarcasm *cough"-- but it is more than that as any average person could discern. This is my first, real "introduction" to Narue and I suppose I wish that I have never discovered this thread at all. When the truth is really captured and displayed some of the glitter and positivity of this "community", at times merely a facade, fades, dissolves, and drips away. This is really to bad but it must be accepted as in any community one might belong to on this planet. Still, every time it is witnessed, it is shocking.

1) You couldn't think of anything better to talk about.
This is just insulting.
2) You're trolling by subtly bringing up a topic that will divide people.
Use the term "trolling" in a forum where the people reading the posts are either programmers, hackers, or just Net-addicts? We ALL know what this term indictates. To suggest this is just, well-- provacative to word it nicely.
3) You delight in reminding everyone of past prejudices despite their irrelevance.
Even if this was the case, what business of it is yours to point out and publish in response to a common, innocent question? God help the person who asks an in-depth question.

Naraue, I am not simply trying to cite you-- that is not my role, I am not Admin. The sad and sick thing is, it appears that similar things are becoming an everyday occurrence on this site. That sucks. I love coming to Daniweb but as of lately I am questioning why I even do, or rather, why I enjoy so much coming to Geek's Lounge. I should just stick to the Python and C++ rooms.

Will everyone please calm down? So maybe Narue's post wasn't exactly friendly. Maybe it insulted a few people. But do we have to keep bringing it up? We've all made bad posts, and if everyone attacked them, we'd all feel stupid.

This is a public forum, and as idealistic as you would like it to be, it just ain't going to happen. Some members are going to be sarcastic or sinister, and as much as you talk about your culture teaching you to say nice things (mine is very similar, too), you have to get used to the idea that people will not always be kind to you in a large forum. I don't think ~s.o.s~ will ever understand iamthwee's sense of humor, yet both continue to post in the same forum. (Although sometimes someone has to calm ~s.o.s~ down after iamthwee makes a remark :cheesy:)

Thanks.

Are thing's started to chill here? I just came back from surfin' ... I caught the last set before the sunset and reflected .. then I froze my tail off :))))

Brrrrr :) It's winter, ya know! You Californian surfer dudes!

Brrrrr :) It's winter, ya know! You Californian surfer dudes!

It's Winter, it's Winter!! I was just outside with the dogs (3:30 A.M. here)-- it feels great. Love Winter :cheesy: :!:

I'm a transplant ... from hawaii.. the first time i went into the water in cali ... I almost felt like paddling back home. I guess you kinda get used to it if you want to surf, paddle or fish. but any chance I get i'm in or at the water .. I'm thinking of budgeting for a transceiver/antenna so I can get a wifi signal on the lake at my park headquarters.

>Yes, this may well be deemed "sarcasm *cough"
If you want to view it that way, I won't stop you. However, I interpreted the original post as stated, there was no joking involved.

>This is my first, real "introduction" to Narue and I suppose I wish that I have never discovered this thread at all.
I would much rather your first real "introduction" be one of my good posts in the C++ forum, but sadly, not everything I write is eloquent and brilliant. I guess you'll just have to settle with the discovery that I am, in fact, human.

>>1) You couldn't think of anything better to talk about.
>This is just insulting.
Good, that's how I meant it to be.

>>2) You're trolling by subtly bringing up a topic that will divide people.
>Use the term "trolling" in a forum where the people reading the posts
>are either programmers, hackers, or just Net-addicts?
I know what trolling means, and I know you know what trolling means. What makes you think I meant anything but what I said?

>God help the person who asks an in-depth question.
You'll find that I'm more tolerant of in-depth questions, because it suggests a sincere desire for information rather than a thinly veiled attempt at getting people riled up.

>I should just stick to the Python and C++ rooms.
I moderate all of the software development forums, and I'm an active participant in the C++ forum when I have enough time. Sticking there won't keep you away from me, though you're more likely to see my good side.

I don't think ~s.o.s~ will ever understand iamthwee's sense of humor, yet both continue to post in the same forum. (Although sometimes someone has to calm ~s.o.s~ down after iamthwee makes a remark )

Thanks.

Grr... :twisted:
Well but I do get by him. Well as a matter of fact I get by everyone. Thats what real friendship is, understanding your friend.

Don't worry, ppl. I'm keeping my bucket in the stand-by mode.

And I am keeping dry towels in standby mode....:twisted:

Junyah- How long have you been surfing and what inspired you to start?...................Justine

Narue:

"Yes, this may well be deemed "sarcasm *cough"

If you want to view it that way, I won't stop you. However, I interpreted the original post as stated, there was no joking involved."

I do not view it this way, Admin does. I realized you were not joking, hence, my response to your reply.

"This is my first, real "introduction" to Narue and I suppose I wish that I have never discovered this thread at all.

I would much rather your first real "introduction" be one of my good posts in the C++ forum, but sadly, not everything I write is eloquent and brilliant. I guess you'll just have to settle with the discovery that I am, in fact, human."

Unfortunately, this is true. My first introduction to you is one that appears ripe with a degree of hostility. That is indeed human-- hostility, emotion-- and I am not holding you to some sort of standard that we ALL don't struggle with. I have not yet had the chance to read any of your technical posts; I'm sure I will as that is the reason I come to this site. As you are a Moderator, I assume your technical skills and ability to impart your knowledge would be above par. That is a strength for the site and this technical community. Until I witness that, though, I will only connect this area of contention and your seemingly targeted and rude attitude as the norm.

"You couldn't think of anything better to talk about.
This is just insulting.

Good, that's how I meant it to be."

I appreciate your honesty and stance to stand by your words. That, to a degree, is highly admirable. But... :-|

"I should just stick to the Python and C++ rooms.

Sticking there won't keep you away from me,"

LOL. Is this meant to be humorous? I will assume so for the sake of perhaps culling something partially positive from this matter. If not, This must not be your first taste of criticism in regards to your demeanor.

In general, I think this thread may have forced many people to look at themselves and wonder about their own attitudes and intentions. I will admit, I can be higly judgemental and brazen in my attitude, words, and I do not always have the clearest of intentions. Many times I reply to posts and think: "Maybe I should have not said that, or said it in that way." Sometimes I think I should ban myself from public forums in general due to my asocial tendencies and less-than-Kosher views of others. Needless to say, I hope I never hurt someone intentionally and if I do I hope I realize my error.

This entire thread's havoc is a demonstration of human interaction and the sordid levels it can and does descend to, yet, in a sense, I think it is healthy to do so, be honest and express one's self. I in no way think any of this from anyone involved should be *edited (as is the tendency on this site) never-the-less censored or deleted. I abhore Censorship for the most part.

Please understand (Narue, especially), I am not trying to snipe at anyone here, I am only making an awkward attempt to address a matter that is being half-heartedly defended in one corner ("it's 'sarcasm"), while being spurned on in another.

Can we all please try to come to terms with this and not only "drop it", but resolve it? Perhaps this matter needs to be moderated in the sense that a governing party may be able to make a decision in regards to the outcome. Alienating eachother is not the point of this site and, I want to believe, not the intention of anyone.

sharky_machine

Maybe I should consider myself lucky that my first impressions of Narue are from her technical posts... that said, I think a great many people, especially on the internet, fail to realize how sheltered and buttered up their lives have been. And if you can't take some [mostly] anonymous criticism or harsh words, I feel sorry for you...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.