>But...
But it doesn't change the fact that I come off as a jerk. I'm well aware of that.

>LOL. Is this meant to be humorous?
It's a kind of dry humor, yes.

>This must not be your first taste of criticism in regards to your demeanor.
Let's see, the number of people who have complained about my attitude would be...I don't think I can count that high. :D Then again, a surprising number of people find that my attitude adds to my charm. ;)

>I abhore Censorship for the most part.
That's something that the administration team has been working on recently (hence, my return to modship). I don't believe in editing content out of a post, or censoring people at all (ie. with a ban or by deleting threads) unless they intentionally hurt the community or seriously affect the ease with which people can get quality technical help. Despite how it seems when I open my mouth, I'm exceptionally tolerant of people's rights. ;)

>Can we all please try to come to terms with this and not only "drop it", but resolve it?
Doubtful. First, it's nearly impossible to get two sides with extreme and opposite opinions to resolve a problem without separation. Second, I'll speak for the moderators and say that an executive decision would be excessively draconian and you shouldn't expect it for trivial differences in opinion that should be handled by individuals in private. At the most, the thread would be locked to halt stop the public argument for that thread if it got out of hand.

I'm with you Sharky and Thank you. I have come to terms with this, there are all kinds of people in this world, obviously far more evil than good. The choice I have is to whether I wan't to associate and waste my time with them. The answer is no. There is a way to express yourself in a considerate manner. Otherwise, we are only coming here to argue and to defend our positions and to me that is a waste of time.

People seek out others to bond with, find mutual interests and develop lasting friendships. Afterall, isn't that why all of you come here? Imagine you came to Daniweb asked a question and got the response in not so many words that "you are an illiterate idiot".....would you come back? I think you all get the point. I could have ignored rude comments and misrepesentation directed towards me.....but if I did that I would have sent the message to the perpetrator that it's okay to act this way and it's not. Call it leadership or whatever, I took a stand against something I consider to be gravely unjust and wrong.

I'm not here to be liked and I am not desperate for friendship. I'm not here to control others nor will I ever treat you unkindly. Respect is the basis of any form of communication. Disagreement means....I respectfully disagree and as to why, that's how mature people handle things. Not accusing, demeaning and attempting to reduce someone to ash. I dropped this a long time ago. My last post was about surfing, just wanted to bring this to a closure..................:)

Glad to see that we have found some common ground here. I'm impressed that a debate can get so heated and still somehow progress to a point where members can still be civil with each other. Hopefully everyone has gotten to know each other's personalities a little better (I know just by lurking I have) and, perhaps more importantly, how to interact with each other. Hopefully going forward we can all be firends (and I don't have to bite off my fingernails waiting for gunfire)? :)

>Hopefully everyone has gotten to know each other's personalities a little better
I've learned a great deal. It was a very productive thread.

Narue:

Thank-you for your reply.

LOL. Is this meant to be humorous?

It's a kind of dry humor, yes.

OK, Good. I thought so.;)

Can we all please try to come to terms with this and not only "drop it", but resolve it?

Doubtful. First, it's nearly impossible to get two sides with extreme and opposite opinions to resolve a problem without separation. Second, I'll speak for the moderators and say that an executive decision would be excessively draconian and you shouldn't expect it for trivial differences in opinion that should be handled by individuals in private. At the most, the thread would be locked to halt stop the public argument for that thread if it got out of hand.

I agree with you on all of this.

I certainly have learned alot about Daniwen and the people that come here. It was most informative. I also agree that when you have people divided in such a strong manner you will have immediate and lasting conflict. Opposites don't attract and never will. So, the peaceful solution would be to agree to disagree and move on with life....Justine

Howzit Justine

i started as a kid .. quit for awhile then I took it back up when i transferred to the parks. I can understand why my relatives did it.. relaxation and to just be with mother ocean. North of me are the big waves .. I'll probably watch the competition ..but these days I ride smaller waves, kayak and outrigger. so basically on and off all my life. I just got over a cold and I couldn't wait to get to the water ... It made me feel better and alive .. I always feel refreshed and have a clear mind when I come back from surfing, paddling or fishing. Mahalo for asking justine.

BTW more woman surfers are catching waves these days ... so last year we ran a camp for at risk teen girls. I have a teenage daughter myself so I was the coach. I teach the girls a "Can Do" attitude the kind that Eddie the famous lifeguard and Duke Kamehameha Had.. One of my daughters heros is Sanoe Lake (Blue Crush) you know her grandmother, mother and father all surf and are water athletes

You surf or thinkin about it .. We island surfers are very supportive on new surfers .. well just as long as they don't become babooze or Kooks .. then were just patient enough to surf away from them for awhile. When your on the water live has a different perspective ... just get on the water you don't have to be the best or ride beeg waves .. you just have to relax and enjoy yourself ... Oh! and remember to go back to work or home sometimes.

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana and A Hui Hou! (Warm Blessings and Till Next Time)
Junyah

I'm impressed that a debate can get so heated and still somehow progress to a point where members can still be civil with each other.

Yeah we all have become experts at that...way too much experience in these kinds of things..:D

Hopefully everyone has gotten to know each other's personalities a little better (I know just by lurking I have) and, perhaps more importantly, how to interact with each other.

Yep yep yep....symbiosis maybe -- coexisting by keeping each others personalities in mind.

Just because there is a dialogue going on between me and Mr / Miss X doesn't mean that I dont like X or am posting to hurt X in some way.

Don't worry Mr. Stymiee, we will definatly keep it on site so that there will be less work for you.

Hi all,

Just wonedering how many other girls are here? I know traditionally the IT industry has been male dominated and probably still is. It's cool to see more women taking an interest in areas other than what we have long been stereotyped for. Yes, we can do more than change diapers ha! Sometimes we have to do it on grown men, if you know what I mean. So, any other females here besides myself and Dani :?:

Can all the Female members in this forum put up their best pics in the forum as attachements ?? I like to see how many computer babes are this forum ???;)

Umm ... yea ... I'm running to do that.

Umm ... yea ... I'm running to do that.

Qute girl like you shouldn't have problem with this i think ???:cheesy:

people have changed alot from in thier forum pics.

i belive miss danis was taken when she was like 18 or so and mine was taken when i was 15 (nearly 17 now)

not many people have pics of themselves on forums actually. maybe people are sensitive about the way they look or something

people have changed alot from in thier forum pics.

i belive miss danis was taken when she was like 18 or so and mine was taken when i was 15 (nearly 17 now)

not many people have pics of themselves on forums actually. maybe people are sensitive about the way they look or something

You look like Payton Manning so obviously you have no problems posting pics of yourself, not that i notice that kind of thing....:lol:

> maybe people are sensitive about the way they look or something
Maybe people just want some anonymity or would rather be judged on what they write than how they look.

BTW ... my avatar pic was taken when I was 17 and the pic in my profile when I was 20. I'm 24 now.

Can all the Female members in this forum put up their best pics in the forum as attachements ?? I like to see how many computer babes are this forum ???;)

Why, what a lovely idea :rolleyes: -- perhaps more topical fire here for last week's fuel? :surprised

sharky_machine

You look like Payton Manning so obviously you have no problems posting pics of yourself, not that i notice that kind of thing....:lol:

Who is Payton Manning?

my avatar pic was taken when I was 17 and the pic in my profile when I was 20. I'm 24 now.

You didn't change much.

You didn't change much.

I am sure you are as qute as ever....:cheesy:

Sharky, please, no more bold! You're making my eyes bleed...

Can all the Female members in this forum put up their best pics in the forum as attachements ?? I like to see how many computer babes are this forum ???

Damn..you have kept me waiting....when is it gonna start ? *stares at the computer screen...* :D

Maybe he lives in Europe and does not follow NFL ????:cheesy:

No, I live in the U.S. ;)

But, what is "nfl"? Is it like SQL?

i live in europe too

NFL is National (American) Footbal League

I haven't changed. I still look like me...

What a coincidence! I look like me as well.

What a coincidence! I look like me as well.

No, you don't. I look like me, not you. You look nothing like me.

I've hardly changed since my avatar photo was taken... maybe a little bit more voltage through my circuit board, but other than that, I'm great! :mrgreen:

Yeah even I haven't changed a lot except that I have become more cooler, more appealing to girls, more serious, have given up on cigarettes and have developed a liking for grayscale... ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.