I was wondering, being that Dani Web has so many members, where is everyone from. What city do you live in? Are you from there originally?
Can you share a piece of your culture with the rest of us? Thanks guys
........Justine :lol:

Recommended Answers

All 56 Replies

Well I live in the USA but I might as well say ... I'm a fourth generation New Yorker :) My mom from Queens and my dad from Long Island ... I was born in Queens and raised on Long Island.

Well I'm Chicagoan at heart. *Sneers at the New Yorker* :mrgreen:

But culture wise, all my great-grandparents were immigrants.

Irish, German, Russian, Polish, Ukranian, Czech, Norwegian...

I was wondering, being that Dani Web has so many members, where is everyone from. What city do you live in? Are you from there originally?
Can you share a piece of your culture with the rest of us? Thanks guys
........Justine :lol:

Born in: Cincinnati, Ohio (USA)
Culture: German, Swiss, Israeli, Spanish

What city do you live in? Are you from there originally?

As you can tell, I keep it very well hidden. I live somewhere along the west coast of Canada... although I have a lot of German background.

I'm from the Netherlands, xst generation dutchman. And yes, I put mayonaise on everything :)

Niek

dutch people are cool. my aunt has many dutch friends

I am English (altough my parents are scottish and my grandparents were irish and welsh)

I also have relitives in other countries like Canada

England sucks, personallyy. Im going to live in scotland next year to go to university as its cheaper there

Arab from UAE - Dubai/Sharjah

Dad is UAEish n mom is Indian ..

Thats it ..

Currently live in Ipswich, county town of Suffolk in the UK, been here about two months, before that lived in Essex.

I am half Spanish (fathers' side) and half english. My grandparents were evacuees from the Spanish civil war to England.

Hey Sulley's Boo my Uncle lives and works near Dubai in the UAE. Small world.

yesss it is =D .. give my regards to ur uncle ..

laterz

I'm from Perth, Western Australia.

Hmm.. I am from India and interested in all the tech things..

Mayonnaise: I really dislike the stuff, BUT, when I was in Amsterdam a few years back and ordered pomme frites... they gave me mayonnaise with it (instead of Ketchup)--I was rather bewildered by this, but when I tried it-- it was great! It is the only way I will eat mayonnaise here in the States, on fries.

yeah thier really nice

I personally prefer chips to french fries (maybe thats because im neglish, i dont know)
they just seem to taste nicer........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips

I'm from the Netherlands, the xth generation, but I put ketchup on everything (except on 'pomme frites', that's good with Mayonnaise ;))

do you get brown sause outsisde the uk?

I was born in South East London (Old Kent Road, cheapest square on the UK Monopoly board) but now live in South Yorkshire (married a classically trained Russian ballet dancer from Yorkshire.)

I am English, although my background is not: Arab on my maternal side, Irish Romany on the paternal side.

No wonder I travel so much.

I come from Northampton in the UK. But neither of my parents came from there. I don't think we really have uch culture in northampton...

There's a market town not that far from my village, and it is called Retford. When I first entered the name into a Word doc the spell checker insisted it should be 'retard' which I always thought was a little amusing...

Hi all,

What kind of brown sauce are you referring to? We do have excellent pasta sauce in the U.S. the one imported from Italy is really tasty. Hmmm....stop it now I'm getting hungry.

I have been to England, the people I came in contact with were nice but there is something about England that I just don't like. The fog in London is beautiful but it's so expensive to live there.

Netherlands....WOW I LOVE IT!!! Been to Amsterdam and had a VERY HARD time coming back. Is Queen Beatrix still head of Parliament?

It's been a long time guys, I need a vacation. In my opinion everyone should experience travel, just look at all the good people here you can get to know. I'm a free spirited woman, so for me an environment that is least restrictive works best. Holland has to be the most liberal country I have been to.

The U.S. is great in many ways and we have wonderful culture, entertainment, theater, dance etc.. but our politics are less desired.
I took ballet as a young girl but totally messed up as I got older, it's very hard, guys look at you and think it's easy but when you try standing on your toes you'll see otherwise.......Justine

Try outside of London for a different flavour of English, the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Dales or Moors, for example, has to rate as one of the most beautiful landscapes on the planet. And it's a very cheap place to live :)

As for the brown sauce, it's also known as 'chop sauce' or 'meat sauce' and is best known in brands such as 'Daddies Sauce' which probably hasn't helped pin it down much...

I actually quite like British food: I had the opportunity to experience it firsthand on many occasions from a couple from Yorkshire. People in the States always ridicule English food saying it is "bland"-- I don't agree. I do not care for "spicy" food that much (unless it is curry) so to me there is nothing like homemade, cottage pie and roasted potatoes. Earthy and wholesome.

I love Europe and prefer it to the United States. I hope to spend a good amount of time living there in the future: The U.K., Germany, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Spain, Greece.

do you get brown sause outsisde the uk?

buy one bottle of tomato ketchup. Empty into bowl. Let sit on a table for several weeks.
You'll have either brown sauce or wildly coloured sauce :mrgreen:

I actually quite like British food: I had the opportunity to experience it firsthand on many occasions from a couple from Yorkshire. People in the States always ridicule English food saying it is "bland"-- I don't agree. I do not care for "spicy" food that much (unless it is curry) so to me there is nothing like homemade, cottage pie and roasted potatoes. Earthy and wholesome.

Ah, but THE British food (apart from curry) is fish&chips, swimming in a sea of grease and served with a lake of ketchup.

i think the borders of scotland (dumfries etc...) is nicer than yorkshire as its less foggy and has better air

I live in Portugal, the most western european country :) Small but very cozy and peaceful...

IMHO the republic of ireland is just slightly more western

And it has a lot of country, but not many people wear cowboy hats...

As for the brown sauce, it's also known as 'chop sauce' or 'meat sauce' and is best known in brands such as 'Daddies Sauce' which probably hasn't helped pin it down much...

I wonder if it's similar to our A-1 steak sauce.

I actually quite like British food: I had the opportunity to experience it firsthand on many occasions from a couple from Yorkshire. People in the States always ridicule English food saying it is "bland"-- I don't agree.

And The Fat Duck in Berkshire has become the best restaurant in the world... So much for the British having bad food ;)

Upper midwest for me (Minnesota), America's home of Lutefisk and Lefse. Yummmm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.