I guess I'm THE outsider here... or at least the farthest away...
I see the topic's suddenly flipped from where you come from to British food and sauces...
lol... well I'm from the Arabian Peninsula in a country called Oman. Not sure if any of you are familiar with it.
Good to meet you all nevertheless.

Welcome, TripleTee!

Regards,
sharky_machine

Welcome, TripleTee!

Regards,
sharky_machine

thanks sharky...
I guess I'll just need to get used to this forum...since it's pretty huge :confused: ... you all seem to come from the US... particularly NY... I wonder what it's like there...
well if anyone wished to know more about me visit www.3tworld.blogspot.com...
I've been trying to change my template to something I'm making myself for ages... I just can't get around the html coding business... oh well...

that's what led me here anyway... hope I'll manage to figure it out later.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

i live at 28º 37' N, 77º 13' E

I guess I'm THE outsider here... or at least the farthest away...
I see the topic's suddenly flipped from where you come from to British food and sauces...
lol... well I'm from the Arabian Peninsula in a country called Oman. Not sure if any of you are familiar with it.
Good to meet you all nevertheless.

I know where it is 23º 37' N, 58º 38' E is the capital city :p
[IMG]http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/dotclear.gif[/IMG]

Born in California, escaped from there to settle back to where my roots are, in the beautiful South, Georgia to be specific, where the Deans have been since the late 1700s...Mostly Irish and English with a smattering of Creek Indian from central Georgia.

I know where it is 23º 37' N, 58º 38' E is the capital city :p
[IMG]http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/dotclear.gif[/IMG]

what's with the coding directions vishesh?...lol...
oh no... it's a country!! I'm not in the capital at the moment but Oman's capital is Muscat... heard of it? :p

I live in Surrey, which is about 40mins by train from London. where I live USED to be a sleepy town but over the last 10 years its got more commercial which has been great for house prices! born and raised here, i have some Irish background!

i live in surrey too

so i see from your tag. i live near Leatherhead, do you know it??

Ah, but THE British food (apart from curry) is fish&chips, swimming in a sea of grease and served with a lake of ketchup.

Well kind of but thats forgetting the Classic English Breakfast!!!

But fish and chips are really nice here.

i live in surrey too

Does it have a fringe on the top? :mrgreen:

(You'd better cut that out before they pummel you, WP)

Well i am live in great India! i am 22 and culture wise i am indian

Does it have a fringe on the top? :mrgreen:

i love my fringe

What is the "Classic English Breakfast"? What kind of fish and what kind of chips? People present and prepare similar dishes very differently. I LOVE english tea.......Justine

Chips = fires (but thicker if you know what i mean)

Fish is usually cod but it depends on where in the country you are. sometimes it can be hake or plaice and is usually served with mushy peas or curry sauce

English / Cooked Breakfast is mostly bacon, mushrooms, beans, traditional black pudding and tomatoes as well as fried bread

Aint there any vegeterian over here.

i dont eat beef (after the cjd scare)

Ok James.......You are getting me appetite going here :)

I'm not really a seafood girl, I can't handle the strong "fish odor" like you find in tuna. I do enjoy Lake Superior White Fish...don't know if you ever had it? Lobster and shrimp are delicious! I don't know what "fires are" when you describe the chips? Anything like Jay's potato chips ? Had english fried bread a long time ago......really good!
How is the pudding and what does it taste like?........Justine :)

"mushy peas" haha! Do they taste better firm?.......Justine

Seems there's as many people from the US as not in this thread, so what the hay... I've lived in the greater Seattle area all my life, and I guess I'm one of those "melting pot" kinda guys as well... culturally I'm a mix of Irish, Scots, Welsh, English, Greek, Polish, Russian, and I think one or two others... :confused:

And after reading this thread, I'm starving :p

Seattle! A truly beautiful city and one of my favorites. I love rain....as long as it doesn't rain to heavy, just a nice drizzle is okay. The best is any city with an overcast climate 365 days a yr and a little fog to add to the recipe. Can you speak Russian, Polish or Greek?.......Justine

Can you speak Russian, Polish or Greek?.......Justine

Unfortunately not. I know how to say "no" in Russian, and if I tried hard I might remember how to sing Happy Birthday in Polish, but I learned that from a teacher in elementary school. I do speak Spanish and a small amount of Japanese though...

I do speak Spanish and a small amount of Japanese though...

As expected from a true anime phreak.
Ne ne, Infarction nou baka ( hope this translates to Infraction is baka ;))

As expected from a true anime phreak.
Ne ne, Infarction nou baka ( hope this translates to Infraction is baka ;))

The Japanese is only partly from anime. And a very small part at that. I studied it last year as an elective as well, and I was disappointed that I couldn't squeeze it in this year. :sad:

~s.o.s~ は酷いですよ :p

PS - it's "no" rather than "nou"

What's the cost of living in Seattle now? Apartment near downtown or any decent area? Is it raining? The space needle is a beauty....Justine

I'm in the U district (being a student still), and... well... I don't really know how you'd measure cost of living. And no, it's not raining at the moment, though it is a typical overcast day.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.