We all know that there are cruel people in this world. Those that enjoy demeaning others for personal gratification. Others do this by constant argument and manipulation. I seriously wish to get to know "good people" on Dani Web. If I take a stand on something and you disagree that's ok, my problem is when people misrepresent what you say and put it in their own context thus demeaning you in the process. That is just wrong and noone deserves to be walked on......Justine:surprised

'Stein commented: Stop Trolling -1

Recommended Answers

All 42 Replies

I'm here and like to think I'm nice :)

You have been nice to me...Thank you for that.....Justine

Most people who are on DaniWeb who have any sense of decency will usually either go along with your view or offer some *cough* opposing information.. which could in fact help your argument. However, I'm sure Dani and everyone on DaniWeb agree that you are free to make your own point.

It takes two to tango, slick. Keep that in mind when you hold grudges.

I was wondering how long it would take you to find and post in this thread. In fact, I've been here waiting for you, tapping my digital foot out of sheer impatience, just to see what our beloved Narue has to say next. :)

>In fact, I've been here waiting for you, tapping my digital foot out of sheer
>impatience, just to see what our beloved Narue has to say next.
What can I say? I have a bad habit of getting to know people by provoking them. :cheesy:

What can I say? I have a bad habit of getting to know people by provoking them.

You need to work on your social skills.

We all know that there are cruel people in this world. Those that enjoy demeaning others for personal gratification. Others do this by constant argument and manipulation. I seriously wish to get to know "good people" on Dani Web. If I take a stand on something and you disagree that's ok, my problem is when people misrepresent what you say and put it in their own context thus demeaning you in the process. That is just wrong and noone deserves to be walked on......Justine

What you are going through would be wrongly categorized as cruel...Please don't say that any member of daniweb is cruel -- they might be inconsiderate, sarcastic, egoistic but please no cruel.

What can I say? I have a bad habit of getting to know people by provoking them.

But what is the point in knowing someone by provoking them when they will hate the very sight of your post....*sigh*

Unless one appreciates straight-forward style.

I have a simple philosophy on life, treat people with respect, kindness and compassion. Anyone who posts stupid remarks in order to incite the other person for their own gain shows how immature that person is. You can phrase your verbage in a responsible manner. I say what I see BUT "I think" before I speak keeping in mind the feelings of others.

In life you either contribute to purity or decay.......... Justine

>I have a simple philosophy on life, treat people with respect, kindness and compassion.
Respect, yes. Kindness and compassion will get you stepped on and taken advantage of. Ideals have their place, but you can't apply them everywhere and not end up disappointed. I always respect people, even if they don't see it, but I'm not going to be bubbly and nice for fear of hurting your precious feelings. Perhaps you should be tolerant of other perspectives rather than try to push your own beliefs on everyone.

>Anyone who posts stupid remarks in order to incite the other person
>for their own gain shows how immature that person is.
That's probably true. Since I imagine you had me in mind when you wrote that, I'll ask you this: what do I gain from it? You were on the receiving end, so naturally you feel injured, but I think that also blinds you to other perspectives. You say "Oh, that person hurt me!" without wondering why that person did it. You simply assume it was malicious.

>You can phrase your verbage in a responsible manner.
Yes, yes I can. Often I don't choose to, and I have my reasons for that choice. Just so you know, those reasons never involve pleasure in making people feel bad.

>I say what I see BUT "I think" before I speak keeping in mind the feelings of others.
So do I. In fact, I can accurately predict how my words will make other people feel at any given time. You're assuming that I don't think before typing, when I actually spend a lot of time working out the phrasing in my posts.

>In life you either contribute to purity or decay
You should be a politician. Oh, by the way, your statement is a logical fallacy. ;)

>In life you either contribute to purity or decay
You should be a politician. Oh, by the way, your statement is a logical fallacy. ;)

Sounds perfect for the job ;)

Kindness and compassion will get you stepped on and taken advantage of. Ideals have their place, but you can't apply them everywhere and not end up disappointed.

I am really glad that the people who strove their entire life, being kind and compassionate to others, just for the betterment of this world are no longer here to read your post.

I am really glad that the people who strove their entire life, being kind and compassionate to others, just for the betterment of this world are no longer here to read your post.

I have to agree with Narue unfortunately. The world is not a nice place. Even if everyone acted according to their own ideals it wouldn't be a nice place. If you were to force your own ideals onto everyone else and make them act accordingly, the world might be a nice place, except for your action. IMHO certain people deserve to be treated nicely, and others not so much. And I act accordingly.

*sigh*
Yeah, I realize that this is a sick sad little world...

But if everyone followed the same thinking process....

I personally think that is what seperates a human being from a good human being...

Thinking the same? Or complying with your personal ideals? I'm sure I don't fit either of those, but I'd like to think that I'm still a good person ;)

"kindness and compassion will get you stepped on?" Well, in your case, I can see it happening because you don't illustrate either. The only people that will step on you are those with your personality and attitude. This is a fact and I can back up my statement.....I treat people kindly and usually get the same in return. The only people that fail to reciprocate are those that are internally jaded. So if YOU get cosstantly stepped on maybe it's time for YOU to check your mirror.
My experience have been the opposite.

I don't push my beliefs on anyone "saying for a millionth time now" show me ONE POST just one where I said for so and so....that you MUST BELIEVE in what I say. In fact I have mentioned over and over, if you were able to read and comprehend, that "I welcome all views" It's not your view that's the problem it's how you selfishly phrase it without any care for anyone but yourself.

Lastly, you posted that "you can predict how your words will affect others" I think you just told everyone on this board that you can care less about the feelings of others, choose to be willingly irresponsible and can care less as to whom you offend.

That "IS MALICIOUS INTENT" You are performing an insulting and hurtful act with one motive.......to demean and to degrade people.

Interesting how you "assumed" that my last post was directed to you, guilty conscience hmmm? Anyhow, I am not going to waste my time with you as I have far better things to do. Hope you enjoy your journey in sadism........Justine

I have simple philosophy on life too. I say what I see. Simple as that. No kindness, no compassion, no fear, no emotions whatsoever. Pure objectiveness is my ideal. Only problem there is that I tend to notice details that most people don't, and I'm not afraid to say it. I use those observations to form my opinions, which mostly differs from other people's opinions, and that is what sparks a conflict. That, and my stubbornness is a ideal combination for the flame war.

I think that kindness, "being good" or however you put it, is strictly subjective opinion, and has an unwanted counterpart. One is either good to others, or to himself. People in need would interpret the later one as selfishness, not realizing that it is their own selfishness that drove them to that conclusion.

And, Justine, being kind to everyone WILL sooner or later backfire on you. Trust me.
I wouldn't interpret Narue's blunt statement as selfish, but as defensive. Only people with no-good-deed-goes-unpunished experience would have that opinion. I've learned in my experience that only people that respect me are worthy of my respect. Same goes for kindness.

>I personally think that is what seperates a human being from a good human being...
It's a matter of perspective. History is filled with wars caused by differences of perspective (can you say "Crusades"?), and who are you to say that one is better than the other? I'm sorry, but claiming that the difference between a human being and a "good" human being is solely based on your judgement strikes me as arrogant and ignorant.

>It's not your view that's the problem it's how you selfishly phrase it
>without any care for anyone but yourself.
In other words, you're telling me how I should act; forcing your way of things onto me.

>I think you just told everyone on this board that you can care less about the feelings of others
I told everyone that I can manipulate their feelings as I see fit through my words. That doesn't mean I don't care.

>choose to be willingly irresponsible and can care less as to whom you offend.
And not being nice automatically makes me irresponsible? :rolleyes:

>You are performing an insulting and hurtful act with one motive.......to demean and to degrade people.
You keep making the same mistake. You can only see one motive, so only one motive exists, which couldn't be further from the truth. I'm sorry that your vision is so narrow.

>Interesting how you "assumed" that my last post was directed to you, guilty conscience hmmm?
I don't have to assume. Your course of actions points directly to me, and everyone with half a brain can see that.

>Anyhow, I am not going to waste my time with you as I have far better things to do.
Odd that you started this thread to whine about people like me and suddenly you aren't going to waste your time.

>Hope you enjoy your journey in sadism
I'm having a blast! You don't seem to be enjoying yourself nearly as much. Maybe it's because you're too up tight to have fun with unexpected circumstances. :)

Wow you are unbelievably arrogant to think that this thread was started "solely about you" did I mention your name? NO. I am glad that you see that you fit the theme of igonarant people very well. Sadly, you are content with being crude and malicious. Maybe you new a friend! I'm glad that you are only part of a small meaningless virtual world as I wouldn't have anything to do with you in daily physical contact...........:)

Sorry to all for a few type O's I was typing fast......Justine

Well, I see now that your personal attacks have increased, you've run out of interesting things to say. Enjoy the rest of your thread.

Nope....no personal attacks, that is is your trademark not mine. Just quoting YOUR staments. This is not "my thread" it's for everyone here....see I'm not selfish.......Justine

"kindness and compassion will get you stepped on?" Well, in your case, I can see it happening because you don't illustrate either.

First of all, don't judge people until you know enough about them to do so. Best of all, don't judge people at all. You simply don't know Prelude (Narue) well enough to say that. I've seen her posts from both the C/C++ forum here, and another forum. Simply because of 1 blunt post, you are attacking her, and I would like to say several things about her: 1, she's a highly technical person. I have never seen a post made by her that contains incorrect information. 2, she is very tolerant of people. If they need help, she will give it in her best way possible. 3, she doesn't get much farther than a blunt post. If you think that the 1 post she made was offending, you shouldn't worry. She would never close that thread because of her opinions, and hey, everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

That "IS MALICIOUS INTENT" You are performing an insulting and hurtful act with one motive.......to demean and to degrade people.

Incorrect. You are making way too big of a deal about this whole thing. It looks like you created this thread just to bash Narue.

Interesting how you "assumed" that my last post was directed to you, guilty conscience hmmm? Anyhow, I am not going to waste my time with you as I have far better things to do. Hope you enjoy your journey in sadism

That is totally wrong. I don't have a guilty concience, yet I knew right from the beginning of this thread that you were directing this at Narue. I could tell how hurt/annoyed you were at Narue in the previous thread, and this is basically retalliation.

Wow you are unbelievably arrogant to think that this thread was started "solely about you" did I mention your name? NO.

Names don't always have to be mentioned for people to see who a comment is directed at. Context is everything.

I am glad that you see that you fit the theme of igonarant people very well.

Tell me, in what way is she ignorant?

Nope....no personal attacks, that is is your trademark not mine. Just quoting YOUR staments. This is not "my thread" it's for everyone here....see I'm not selfish.......Justine

Just drop it. If you truly forgive someone (which is an act of kindness, by the way), you won't keep bringing it up.

[Takes off moderator hat]
The fuss on this and your previous thread is really making me sick. And on retrospect,

2) You're trolling by subtly bringing up a topic that will divide people.

seems to be not that far from the truth. You decide yourself from the replies that you get on this thread. And just for the record, I tend to distrust self confessed nice people.
[puts moderator hat back on]

Recently I notice that I get misinterpreted a lot or my words are deliberately mutated by people...I don't know which one it is.

*sigh*
But if everyone followed the same thinking process that compasssion and kindness have no place in this world....

I personally think that is what seperates a human being from a good human being...

Thinking the same? Or complying with your personal ideals? I'm sure I don't fit either of those, but I'd like to think that I'm still a good person

Don't be silly...

Did in my post I ever imply that I was a good human or any or you were not? And please don't say that it requires only half of brain to come to that conclusion...

When making that quote I had the freedom fighters our country in my mind, according to me those are good humans. When Narue said that compassion and kindness had no place in this world, I felt bad for those good humans and thought would point it out to you..I never had my own image in mind.

Mr. Infarction, making a innocent post of mine into something which attracts more criticism to me is really not good....

>I personally think that is what seperates a human being from a good human being...
It's a matter of perspective. History is filled with wars caused by differences of perspective (can you say "Crusades"?), and who are you to say that one is better than the other? I'm sorry, but claiming that the difference between a human being and a "good" human being is solely based on your judgement strikes me as arrogant and ignorant.

Read my explanation to Mr. Infarction...making assumptions when you don't know what I am trying to say is not good. And btw saying that the one who makes the difference between a human being and a "good" human solely based on judgement strikes to you as arrogant and ignorant strikes to me ignorant as well.

There is a difference between a good person and a good human. Most of the people on Daniweb I have encountered are good people..but a good human..

As far as my own view and from what I gather about everyone from their biography and posts, none of you are good humans including me.

Thank you.

There is a difference between a good person and a good human.

huh? explain the difference between a person and a human. Any person is a human right? and any human is a person right? You don't call dogs or cats or cherry trees as persons, unless you are a poet. Or do you have a different view on person and human?

Mr. Infarction, making a innocent post of mine into something which attracts more criticism to me is really not good....

First let me say sorry for misunderstanding. Then let me show the post as I read it:

*sigh*
Yeah, I realize that this is a sick sad little world...

But if everyone followed the same thinking process....

It came across as an attempt to say that everyone should think according to What Is Right(TM) and doing so would make them a "good human." As noted, it was a misunderstanding, but that is the reason why I interpreted it as I did.

That said, if you're going to quote yourself, please don't add new text to it. Expound on it if you wish, but don't make it look like I misquoted you intentionally.

And personally, I don't think any of us has the right or privilege to decide who is a "good" person on an objective or universal scale. We can have our own favorite people in life, or those we dislike, but we shouldn't be saying whether someone is "good" or not.

When Narue said that compassion and kindness had no place in this world, I felt bad for those good humans

Yes I agree with you. The world is filled with people who have compassion and kindness to other people and animals. I have little respect for people who are otherwise. That doesn't mean I hate them -- I don't hate anyone.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.