We can have our own favorite people in life, or those we dislike, but we shouldn't be saying whether someone is "good" or not.

In an ideal world you are right. But there are many people who leave little doubt that they are not only "bad" people, but they are "evil" people. I have in mind murders, rapists, etc.

I had every right to say what I said, those who support me, thanks and those who don't then that's ok too, trust me I won't loose sleep over it.
Let me remind you that Narue was the one who started this and not me. I didn't lable, degrade and misrepresent her, I merely asked a simple question that got put out of context. The fact that some of you defend her says alot about you and tell me what kind of people I'm dealing with. To excuse the actions of people like her is very sad.

commented: stop complaining +0

The fact that some of you defend her says alot about you and tell me what kind of people I'm dealing with. To excuse the actions of people like her is very sad.

I'd say your impression of her is heavily skewed by a single bad experience (drawn out though it has been). If I may offer a different perspective, the fact that so many people defend her should show that she has somehow managed to earn the respect of all those people. I'm sure that it isn't due to her sadistic hobbies... ;)

Hopefully you'll get to see what the rest of us do as well

Furthermore, I never bashed her, I "quoted her text" and I can care less how "smart she is" on "other threads" I base people on character and how they come across, so if you lack that your computer knowledge is not going to make you a great person. I don't force my beliefs, I call it like I see it, just realize that some personalities are not going to match. I don't hate anyone, so don't misrepresent me, and I know her well enough by her comments and how she came across to reply when I was the target. You have a problem with that? That's your problem and not mine.........:) Justine

trust me I won't loose sleep over it.

Let me remind you that Narue was the one who started this and not me

...Which is why you started this thread, correct? :-|

The fact that some of you defend her says alot about you and tell me what kind of people I'm dealing with.

And likewise. You mention in nearly every post that you arn't bothered by any of this, yet you keep prolonging this. You are just as inconsiderate as Narue (if you think that).

To excuse the actions of people like her is very sad.

And likewise.

Oh, and I thought I just might mention you're breaking the rules by creating this thread.

Do not troll. Always be polite and courteous in your posts, even if you do not agree with another member.
flame other members or post anything that has a good chance of being taken in a bad way.

Infarction- You are incorrect, and who are you to tell me how I should view "my experience"? Were you the target of attacks? No I was. I'm sorry but if someone attempts to degrade me and slam my image then I will take a stand and any noble and strong person would do the same. I can care less who defends her, your missing the point, this is not a popularity contest, it's about you defending the actions of someone who has no problem with degrading others for the benefit of her ego. To be honest, I don't even know why I am wasting my time trying to explain this to those who can't seem to get it. I can tell you one thing, being new here has taught me alot, thanks for the warm welcome.......Justine

You are completely wrong on that. "Read" the initial thread. Where does it say that this is about Narue? If it doesnt't, which I know, then you are assuming! I made it a "general topic" it can apply to anyone, mainly it's directed to people who are acting like immature children, who enjoy degrading and provoking others. If you excuse those actions then you justify that person's behavior as proper, which it isn't.
I think your post fits Narue far more than it does me......Justine

Troll? Someone who goes on websites to provoke and degrade people. I am a mature and intelligent person. I never launched attacks on anyone. I defended myself when I was attacked. Yes, I have the courage to stand up and not be a doormat for others to spew their filth on. Prolonging? people keep commenting and the comments are directed to me, what do you want, for me to sit passively with my tail between my legs? Not going to happen..........Justine

Frustration? Not in the way you think. I can care less what someone on a virtual website thinks as I have a real life. I came here to get to know good people, people with manners, those who are kind and mature and someone I can trust and talk with. So, far it's been very disappointing but I hold no grudges, because I would like to believe that there are people on Daniweb who know how to act and care about others feelings. Yes, I won't let the ignorant tarnish my prospects of meeting nice well mannered people.......Justine

Where does it say that this is about Narue?

It's the obvious implication. I've been around people long enough to see this.

"Read" the initial thread.

Yes, I've followed it. That's one of my jobs as a moderator.

mainly it's directed to people who are acting like immature children, who enjoy degrading and provoking others.

Provocation = "something that incites, instigates, angers, or irritates."

Would you consider this thread as an instigation?

If you excuse those actions then you justify that person's behavior as proper, which it isn't.

Yet again, you're incorrect. During World War II, Neville Chamberlain tried to ignore Germany's Holocaust. Did he justify this behavior as proper? I strongly doubt it...

I don't force my beliefs

You are completely wrong on that.

;)

No I don't. I have the right to start any topic I wish, it's not degrading anyone. It talks about my desire to meet good people. It was very general pointing that I whish to get to know "good people" and there's nothing wrong with that. But there is something seriously wrong, which you are missing, that is when someone attacks and misrepresent and degrades me on a public forum and you give "no attention to this" that is very unfair and I feel insulted........Justine

Were you the target of attacks?

Since when is it a plural? The last time I checked, there was only 1 post that was a little bit blunt.

I'm sorry but if someone attempts to degrade me and slam my image then I will take a stand and any noble and strong person would do the same.

I don't think that was the intention at all. It's interesting who is worked up now; Narue made a post that was maybe a little offensive, then stopped. You on the other hand, claim that "you don't really care" and "you won't lose any sleep about this", yet you go and create a thread directly aimed at her.

I can care less who defends her, your missing the point, this is not a popularity contest, it's about you defending the actions of someone who has no problem with degrading others for the benefit of her ego.

The point isn't that I'm trying to defend someone. I am pointing out that you are freaking out when someone tells you something that, although harsh, may not be entirely untrue. I'm also annoyed at you because you're judging people from your initial reaction -- which is not always accurate. And this is just sad, because no matter how nice you are to other people in this world (which is not a bad thing at all) there will be people who make rude/mean remarks to you, and you have to cope with it, and not get into a big huff about it.

To be honest, I don't even know why I am wasting my time trying to explain this to those who can't seem to get it.

Perhaps you should just let it go. I don't think any more "explanation" about this subject is needed.

You are completely wrong on that. "Read" the initial thread. Where does it say that this is about Narue? If it doesnt't, which I know, then you are assuming! I made it a "general topic" it can apply to anyone, mainly it's directed to people who are acting like immature children, who enjoy degrading and provoking others.

Interesting. You create this thread directly after you show how offended you are at Narue, and even if this thread were not directed at someone, it seems ridiculous. It's like saying, "don't you just HATE people who are mean and cruel to you! It's completely unjust". For one, it's hard to imagine someone saying this without a motive. Judging by how you responded in the previous thread, you seemed to think you were "degreaded and provoked".

I think your post fits Narue far more than it does me......Justine

Yes, I admire your kind and thoughtful posts. :rolleyes:

Just moments ago the forum rules were changed to not punish people who might say things that might be taken in a bad way, etc, but to stifle the people who really do have malicious intent. However, even with that, this thread is no longer a debate, but is now just arguing and name calling ... which kinda sorta is intentionally badmouthing another member. Therefore, this thread is closed.

The main reason for the rewording is because our rules are meant to be a way to prevent members from intentionally trying to cause harm / damage / circumvent our system. The intention is NOT to prohibit people from speaking their mind or debating. In fact, I think that a debate can be a very good thing, as it lets people express their opinions and views, etc.

On the other hand, there is such a thing as crossing the line, and once it goes from heated debate into all out flame war, that is when it's time to handle the situation. For this thread, that time is now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.