Dear Colleague:

I’m now in the last school term/semester computer science student. Starting from January 2007, I’ll start to work for my senior project, to graduate from my school.

The school has some mandatory criterions that it sets for all senior project working students. These criteria are:
- All projects should be done using object-oriented software engineering and as well using Object-Oriented programming language.
- No one could work his/her project alone and
- The time give is three months, since the usual school term period is three months

Prior to January, I’m preparing my self for the project and know I’m thinking to work on “A publisher software”, that publishes (provides formats or templates) novels, newspapers, and academic books.

Knowledge Background

I have some background about Java and Visual Basic 6. But VB6 is not allowed in the school since it is not fully object-oriented.

Resources Available

I can get visual studio. Net (VB.NET. C#, etc.), Java (JBuider)

My Questions to You

I don’t know which of these tools are more appropriate for developing such type of software application. Even though some of these tools (VB.Net) are not familiar for me, I could tolerate to learn them and work on them if they are more appropriate for such type of project.

Please give me some idea which programming software is much more appropriate for my/our development. I should bring all background works to the group members. If it is visible for us mine will be done, if not we will go for another idea. But every group member may bring his/her idea clearly.

All regards,

Benyam

If you already know Java, why not just use it ? No point in wasting your time learning a new language, better utilize that time to do some brainstorming about your project and making it a better application.

Java has gone out to show that it can be used for almost all software development projects and there are very less things which can't be done in Java (driver development, 3D engines ?)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.