I don't know about free but EveOnline is a great game I use to play before I got into developing my own text based rpg's

Eve is as free as WoW...
It's also just as bad, nothing more than spawn camping and harassing newcomers, just like WoW.

So yes, it would be the ultimate "free online games like wow for free" in that it's just like wow in both price and gameplay.

Trust me when I tell you that Fly FF is still the way to go

no we don't

Allods is a massive game, so if you're looking for something smaller go for shaiya, but allods is excellently presented. (:

Allods from all I've heard about it sucks and is massively overpriced.
I've played Shaiya for several months, the game economy was in tatters (massive inflation causing even the simplest things to cost more than most players can get together in weeks), large scale afk levelling and powerlevelling made it nearly impossible for people to actually do things because powerlevellers were camping every decent spot on all maps nearly 24/7, large scale overcrowding of the servers, etc. etc. etc.

and oh, if you want to have any decent gear in Shaiya (and Allods) you're going to have to spend hundreds of dollars in their item malls.

Shaiya and Allods are free downloads.

yes, but like all "f2p" games you need to spend serious money in their itemmalls in order to play effectively, especially at higher levels.
Believe me, I've played Shaiya. Once you're into the harder modes at lvl40+ it's all but impossible to get any further without spending hundreds of dollars of real money.
And Allods is worse from all I've heard about it.

Hello Guys . any one want to play online game

WAR (Warhammer Online:Age of Reckoning you download it its the same thing as WoW but free.

A better game than any of those is Perfect World International Rising Tide. its Almost exactly like WoW but it free (unless you buy gold). Its a little glitchy but its like WoW.

Well I dont know of any ether but i think Its Ragnarok online too its asome and GREAT grapics SEE Ya -_- _lol___________

Space Invaders, Pacman, and Pong! The holy three!

I have an original radio shack version the you screwed into the antenna lugs of my old B/W tv

you don't need a credit,
you need to buy the game and then get wow card from wal-mart it 40$ for 2mouths.

I am still trying to play it, please dont mind. :D

runes of magic is free and guild wars sucks dont buy it runes of magic is the best game @runesofmagic.com :icon_cool:

WoW and EQ2 suck, FFXI is the way to go :D

no dissing EQ and WoW. both are great games.
My parents got me started on EQ when i was like 6. so its like ultimate to me. Well designed and all together amazing.

Perfect World I've heard is a lot like WoW, I'm not sure because I've never played WoW. But I've played Perfect World for years and I'm not bored. It's an amazing game, and if you join Heaven's Tear server send me a pm on here and I'll add you :_

Lord of the rings online is an amazing game and its free for life now it changed last week and im addicted already its the only game i play the graphics is great u can buy your own house its just amazing un general definetely a game worth looking at

Sup guys. 1st day :), im downloading "FLYFF" now, mmk downloaded IT AWESOME its a little less Graphical than Wow i know cause I've played it, since wall-jumping :) but its free and fun...

it would be nice if you list all the free games that are good or not. Just a recommendation...

But I don't care paying / subscribing for a game as long at its entertaining (good gameplay + not infested by cheaters nor bots)

commented: no cheaters, she says, advertising a wow gold shop +0

well so far what i have read nobody has had an honest anwser but i do these games are all free and are similar to world of warcraft.

warhammer online age of reckoning - download required. alot like wow basicly the same

sherwood - no download required. abit like wow

shadowtale - no download required. alot like wow but 1 race

perfect world - download required. its not that much like wow though.

knight online - download required. crappy graphics though. quite abit like wow

allods online - download required. alot like wow almost the same

lord of the rings online - download required. abit like wow

last chaos - download required. not much like wow though.

... as long at its entertaining (good gameplay + not infested by cheaters nor bots)

Not infested by cheaters, she says, advertising a WoW gold shop. Arf arf.

There are many website with free games.. search in google flashgames.

commented: Yeah plenty of games and plenty of signature spammers like you +0

im prolly going to have to register here b4 i can post, but i would recommend shaiya, from aeriagames.com its free, and a lot like WoW, only better than WoW cuz its free

SHAIYA is by far one of the best free online games out there along with combat arms and runescape almost totaly free besides a few exseptions it is great it is kind of over welming and a little boring a the start but if you are a commited gamer you will have fun every second. Ive been playing for about three years now and im lvl 63 it is amasing and almost exactly the same a WOW except WOW is a little beter. (P.S. flyff sucks)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.