Thats it..

Are you married or not ?

If not then what are your views on marriage, how do you people see marriage as ?

If yes then what did marriage change in your life, are the new found responsibilities burdening you or making you a better person ?

Regards,
~s.o.s~

PS: I am single and for me marriage is a sacred relationship...

Recommended Answers

All 88 Replies

If yes then what did marriage change in your life, are the new found responsibilities burdening you or making you a better person ?

Regards,
~s.o.s~

I have been married (to the same woman) 43 years next July. I can't really recall when I wasn't married.:) She was my high-scool sweetheart.

Of course no marriage is perfect, and we had our ups and downs just like many others. I think the trick to a long and reasonably happy marriage is to never go to bed mad at your partner. whatever disagreements you may have had during the day should be resolved before then. Marriage is a partnership, men can not treat their wives as slaves and baby factories. The days of "keep her bear foot in the winter and pregnant in the summer" is no longer relevent, at least not where I come from.

commented: sooo sweet!! +15

too shy to talk to women in the wild, and the domesticated kind I have as colleagues are all married or engaged (sometimes to other colleagues).
And before I encountered such domesticated females it was simply too expensive to search them out, even had I dared to.

>Are you married or not ?
Yes. ;)

>If yes then what did marriage change in your life, are the new found
>responsibilities burdening you or making you a better person ?
What didn't it change? :rolleyes:

too shy to talk to women in the wild, and the domesticated kind I have as colleagues are all married or engaged (sometimes to other colleagues).
And before I encountered such domesticated females it was simply too expensive to search them out, even had I dared to.

Come on Mr. Jwenting, you can surely impress them with your knowledge of Java..;) Maybe create a thread in Geek's Louge with subject "A cool Java Pro looking for a pro Java girl"...:D

>Are you married or not ?
Yes. ;)

So much we gathered from Mr. Iamthwee...;)

>If yes then what did marriage change in your life, are the new found
>responsibilities burdening you or making you a better person ?
What didn't it change? :rolleyes:

Change is certain, but total change ....(bah how am I to know..;))

too shy to talk to women in the wild

I said somthing similar to that to a friend once. You know what he said?

I think strong larger is the key

Since then I've found there's some truth in his advice :p . Don't get too drunk and try to pull though or it'll be worse than if you were sober :lol: .

Steven.

commented: good advice(iamthwee) +6
Member Avatar for iamthwee

So much we gathered from Mr. Iamthwee...

Not I. I said nothing about marriage. Lots of people these days have kids out of wedlock you know. Although I don't know of many married pole dancers who program in their spare time. But then narue is special like that. ;)

Come on Mr. Jwenting, you can surely impress them with your knowledge of Java.. Maybe create a thread in Geek's Louge with subject "A cool Java Pro looking for a pro Java girl"...

The word pro can be mis-interpretated. ;) However, joking aside, I suspect Jwenting is one of those types who doesn't like to venture outside his comfort zone. Dating, would take Jwenting into a territory where the logic of computer science no longer exists. He doesn't like that kind of uncertainly. ;)

Unfortately, that's how lady love is. Sure, 9/10 times you will get cut you down. Fo'show. But I guess you're just waiting for that 1/10 chance to make it worth while.

Being hung like a donkey helps.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Quoted by ben:
I think strong larger is the key

How much lager had your friend been drinking when he said that? :p

Thats it..

Are you married or not ?

If not then what are your views on marriage, how do you people see marriage as ?

Regards,
~s.o.s~

Married: I have been. The relationship was a mixed-experience of extremes that nose-dived into a trautmatic deluge precipitated by drug-abuse, dishonesty, and infidelity. One may look upon it as emotional treason. I certainly do.

Beyond this evil, I see marriage as highly sacred and as an ideal that can be cultivated with the best of harvests. This takes work, drive, giving, openess, submission, and truth amongst other countless, selfless acts. It takes willingness to even attempt to pursue these acts and then practice to elevate them to a peaceful and bountiful lifestyle that benefits both woman and man. This sacred relationship is ordained sacred but is sanctified by on-going improvement.

I see the Earth at times as venom-filled and vile-- but I have not given up on life.

I write programs with the best of intentions and my own brittle, mathematical theory, but the compiler still spits out errors at me, the code crashes, and the build itself dares me to catch its bugs. I have, though, not given up on the graces of C++, Ruby, or Python.

Women have burned me deep-- I have not yet forgone the strength of love and romance.

My first taste of marriage was infused with a poison and a bitter bruise, but I have not given up on the principal of joining monogomously forever with a woman and serving her in the light of God.

sharky_machine

Of course no marriage is perfect, and we had our ups and downs just like many others. I think the trick to a long and reasonably happy marriage is to never go to bed mad at your partner. whatever disagreements you may have had during the day should be resolved before then.

Yes -- I get to hear that thing from a lot many elders out here..Looks like you really are ancient Mr. Dragon.

Although I don't know of many married pole dancers who program in their spare time.

So now we know that she is also a pole dancer....:D

Dating, would take Jwenting into a territory where the logic of computer science no longer exists. He doesn't like that kind of uncertainly.

:P
But what about you eh...;)

Women have burned me deep-- I have not yet forgone the strength of love and romance.

It really is a brave thing that after been through so much you still hold respect for this relationship...

Yes -- I get to hear that thing from a lot many elders out here..Looks like you really are ancient Mr. Dragon.

Apparently that is a universal trueism. :)

Use to be married.

It changed my life .. but I got divorced, I was a statistic from my former career.

I know I made some mistakes. But with age comes wisdom.. I felt then as I feel now. Married Life is a good thing as long as you find the right person and you work at it.

Like I said, It took a couple of wives and girlfriends for me to learn how to have a loving and sharing relationship and still keep you individuality and masculinity.

I learned the three C's of marriage and great relationships
cooperation, communications and compassion

lol the fact the poll shows that 80% of us are single is kinda depressing

i dont know if i want to get married actually, its all personal choice (i know some ppl who got married when they were 16 and thier relationships lasted only a year or so so i think ill wait thank you very much)

still only 20, haven't found the "right one" yet... ;)

the fact the poll shows that 80% of us are single is kinda depressing

Who said anything about being single. I'm in a very happy relationship with my girlfriend but I don't think we'll be getting married any time soon. But I'm most defenitly not single. :)

Niek

But I'm most defenitly not single. :)

Niek

definition: single: never been married. shacking up with someone doesn't constitute marriage in most places. So, you are either single, married, divorced or windowed. There are no other categories:cheesy:

definition: single: never been married.

Aha. Well....euhm then I'm single I guess... I thought single == alone (English is not my first or my second language :rolleyes: )

single, married, divorced or windowed There are no other categories

I'm very sorry for the people in the us/uk ... ;)

Niek

definition: single: never been married. shacking up with someone doesn't constitute marriage in most places. So, you are either single, married, divorced or windowed. There are no other categories

Hmmm, not with you on this one. Many couples these days live together as if they were married for years, even buying a house and having children together. No one would call such people single, except in a strictly legal sense. I think marrige means less in terms of someone's place in society than it used to. For a woman to bear a child out of wedlock (in England) used to be the height of scandal only a hundred years ago. Now its a matter of personal choice.

Steven.

Hmmm, not with you on this one. Many couples these days live together as if they were married for years, even buying a house and having children together. No one would call such people single, except in a strictly legal sense. Steven.

According to this common law fact sheet living together and/or having children together does not constitute a marriage. The couple must also present themselves to the public (friends etc) as a married couple, using the same last names, filing joint tax returns, etc. I have no idea how it works in other countries.

I think marrige means less in terms of someone's place in society than it used to. For a woman to bear a child out of wedlock (in England) used to be the height of scandal only a hundred years ago. Now its a matter of personal choice.

Same here. about half or more of the babies are born to single mothers and many to mothers who are themselves children. babies having babies is a common expression.

Only 2 people who are married in this entire forum (I guess Miss Narue and Mr. Dragon).....heh

I thought I would get advice from the married pros but we seem to be lacking them here ;)

Only 2 people who are married in this entire forum (I guess Miss Narue and Mr. Dragon).....heh

I thought I would get advice from the married pros but we seem to be lacking them here ;)

Probably because most posters here at DaniWeb are students -- and they have more important things to do right now than get married, such as school work.;)

I'm not married :)

Ahhh resurrection of a dead thread!!!
Jk. :)

I'm not married either... but I will be in a couple years!

All men are not fools, some remain bachelor.

commented: lol +2

All men are not fools, some remain bachelor.

For your humor to work, it should be "Not all men are fools." Logically, "all men are not fools" would mean that there are no fools who are men, therefore the second phrase has no implications with respect to the first. :icon_wink:

commented: hahaha... :D +12
commented: i like the way you think. imaculate reasoning. +1

i am not married but i want to say something .marriage is not a simple thing.It requires total devotion,loyality,belief like other things.Don't marry for fun or enjoy. if u feel u are able to take responsibility of someone then go through it.To love someone is different and to marry is different.Before marriage whatever u have done now u can't do that.Now you should be responsible for your life partner.I will marry if i will feel i am able to take each responsiblity of my partner.At that time i will be totally devoted to him.i know i will have to give some sacrifices for that but in those small sacrifices big happiness will be hidden.Good understanding is required for successful marriage between two person.Marriage is not the matter of joke.

I think everyone knows those things before entering into a lifelong commitment.

I think everyone knows those things before entering into a lifelong commitment.

With the divorce rate trending as it is, there's certainly a lot of people acting like they don't know... :P

With the divorce rate trending as it is, there's certainly a lot of people acting like they don't know... :P

Lol that's true.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.